Your top 5 restaurants in Stroud Green (and Crouch End)

edited November 2009 in Local discussion
I'm new to the area and would like some recommendations of other Stroud Greener's favorite eateries.......

Comments

• edited 11:40AM
    1) Jai Krishna
    2) Pappagone
    3) Cats
    4) La Bota (Crouch End)
    5) Mauros (Hornsey)
    1) The Noble
    2) Pappagone
    3) Sugar Lounge
    4) Patek
    5) The Triangle
  • edited November 2009
    In no particular order...

Petek
    Dotori
    Chez Liline
    Dinner Box (yes, I know)
    The Noble
    Bistro Aix
    Le Bistro
    Spiazzo
    1. Patek - Stroud Green
    2. Dudleys - nice coffee and pancakes
    3. Monkey Nuts in Crouch End (owned by son of Giraffe owners so similar
    4. Dotori - Japanese near station
  • Hmm...

Jai Krishna
    Hana (technically Seven Sisters, but they deliver)
    Petek

We've been ordering from Dhonia recently, but only because they deliver. I much prefer Jai Krishna, Rasa or Sagar. But on days when you can't be arsed to leave the house, Dhonia will do.
    ooh forgot

Dhonia and the Old Dairy seems better and a little further St. John's Tavern
    1. Petek
    2. Cats
    3. The Noble
    4. Chez Liline
    5. Sunshine Cafe!
  • edited November 2009
    Noble, Pappagone, Dhonia, Front Room, Dotori, Dairy
  • IanIan
    edited November 2009
    Dotori Petek Dotori Cats Dotori Noble Dotori Dohnia
    __Chez Liline__ __Petek__ __Jai Krishna__ __Khoai Cafe__ and __O Thai__ (Crouch End) __St John's Tavern__ and __Del Parc__ (Archway)
    1. Petek
    2. Petek
    3. Petek
    4. Petek
    erm...
    5. <del>Nandos</del> Petek.</p>

*gets coat*
    Jai Krishna Petek Muna's (Green Lanes) Cats Rainbow Cafe
  • IanIan
    edited 11:40AM
    We went to Del Parc for the first time on a whim on Sunday. It is very good, worth the trek. Not in N4 mind. Like Dotori is.
    Gone off Petek since their upgrade. A personal thing no doubt. Since my recent outing, Chez Lilline stands out, but Noble for a more regular place. The twin pizza towers have dropped out my rota. Cheap feast has to be Jai Krishna. For an unhealthy cheap feast I vote Los Guadales. Also love Dotori but never seem to get there. Something about the Dairy I just can't get on with.
    I've also gone off Petek a bit. It seemed to lose something after the refurb.

Also, their lamb shish seems to have gone from "fantastic" to "just ok". Maybe I've just been unlucky.
    I agree - I also think they're due a menu change - am bored of the same thing and the same rice side - often ask for the crushed potato's instead of the rice but they never seem to manage it!
  • AliAli
    La Porcheta for the very best Pizzas
    La Porcheta for the very worst service.
    Petek
    Jai Krishna
    Dotori

Haven't stepped foot in the twin pizza towers in a long long time.
    I agree with wisteria 53, sounds like poetry, fancy whispering your phone number?
    SG:
    Petek
    La Porchetta

CE:
    La Bota (tapas)
    The Queens Pub
    Khoai (Vietnamese)

I must try Les Associes on Park Rd soon, keep hearing really good things but just that little bit further to heave my overstretched belly back to SG
    Rancid crab cakes put me off ever going back to Les Associes.
    1. Miso
    2. The Finsbury Park cafe
    3. Pick More Daisies (RIP)
    4. La Porchetta
    5. The sunshine cafe
  • AliAli
    Tried Pappagone’s for the first time in ages yesterday. It was not too busy but we had the worst service ever! The kids meal turned up at the same time as starters which caused chaos, table too small, kids dived into the pizza leaving the starters etc. The Waitress even started to say we asked for that which we didn’t and then argued about it. All these plates were removed and then we where asked in sarcastic voice when we might like the Mains. After awaiting for a while we then got offered the sweet menu!. After turning down the opportunity to have desert before the main they turned up. They were quite good. Took ages to get the bill which was £68 for the privilege. Wont be going there again for a while.
    Keeping it strictly SG:

1. Jai Krishna
    2. Dotori
    3. Pappagone
    4. Mari e Monte Café
    5. The Triangle
    Still haven't eaten Chez Liline

What are the five to be avoided?
    If the kids aren't having a starter their 'main course' always turns up with the adults' starter at Pappagone. It's worked fine for me in the past.
    Pappagone and Petek. We sometimes go to Miso cos it's cheap, and order from Firezza in CE sometimes, but you always know you're going to get a great meal/service in PPG and Pete K so it's hard to want to try elsewhere.
    Firezza is definately in SG (despite what their menus say!). Very good pizza most of the time but when you get a bad (burnt) one, they are wrank!
  • AliAli
    I have often wondered why Peteks has such a nice interior etc which obviously cost a few bob yet they have the menu stuck to the window with Blue tack !
  • benben
    We went to Del Parc last weekend and had a great evening. Really excellent food, especially the manchego cheese dish, and the figs, ham and goats cheese. The front of house guy is really friendly and helpful. Good wine. And you get to see the chef cooking in front of you.

My other top five are Dotori, Petek, Jai Krishna and - partly for value - the Fullback, which I think does better curries than Cats.