Cheese Board

edited October 2009 in Local discussion
Has anyone else had the cheeseboard in The Dairy? What a rip off. Is the Noble's any better (i.e. there should be more than 3 bites of cheese, however tasty, for nearly a tenner)?

Comments

• edited 2:20PM
    I haven't.
    my mum had her bag nicked in The Dairy though. A few days later, a park keeper at Alexandra Palace called her, said he'd found her bag. I had to go and collect it - I didn't mind, I always enjoy a stroll to the palace. Have I already told this story? Sorry if yes.
    I have haven't I. Told that story before, I mean. Sorry again. It's basically my best story.
    My Mum had her bag stolen as she visited my Gran's grave at Eastwood cemetary. Which do you think is the better story? My mum could've been done over, but she was lucky! Phew.

Anyone else got a Mum's Bag story to share?
    thanks for rescuing me there, graeme.

Your story is probably better. There was little chance of my Mum being done over.
    My mum's bag was stolen by a bloke, who opened kitchen door and said he had to check the water. She was with her friend so it wasn't too scary. I think they screamed a lot as he ran out. Seemed to keep them entertained for days.

Cheese board does sound a lot. The cheese board at the Cambridge Arms in Islington is £9.95. I thought they were just Islington prices. The cheese is organic there though, but yeah three little slices seems average. It's the meanness of just giving three oatcakes which gets me there though. Cheese board at Victoria Stakes is about £9 and it's horrible.
  • hsbhsb
    edited 2:20PM
    WHAT have handbags got to do with this..? I've had the cheese board at The Dairy and have to agree with lizbet that it is certainly NOT worth the money at all. I was really disappointed and felt totally short changed. Shame. Not tried the Noble's cheese yet...
    i was just saying, my mum had her handbag nicked at The Dairy.
  • It's his best story don't you know....
    @ dorothy - everything at Victoria Stakes is horrible.
    Yes @katiejane, I've been doing a kind of methodical testing of pubs of and bars, started at the top of Park Rd and will work my way home, (Stroud Green, probably the Worlds End will be the end point) started in the summer. I do both an evening and daytime visit to test the ambiance. The Victoria Stakes failed on both. I remember the cheese board in there, because I had to pay an extra £4 for it, in addition to the standard price of a two course meal.

I've got stuck in "Kiss the Sky" for the last few weeks and haven't moved on, but not a bite to eat.
    The had peanuts in a big bowl last Christmas.
    Finally did the cheese board at The Noble. I thought it was the best of the lot, more than 3 bites of cheese, very good, lots of crackers and truffled honey, which I liked, but may divide people. I think it may have been over a tenner though.
  • LizLiz
    edited 2:20PM
    The truffled honey is just plain wrong. Truffles, I like. Honey, I like. In combination: disgusting. And are you really supposed to eat it with cheese? I'm completely confused by the whole concept!
    Don't worry about it.