Come on in to Chaps and Dames!....

Comments

• edited 8:55PM
    A brush to make curly curls??? Surely you'd need rollers - of the heated ceramic variety (or tongs - what a lovely word!)...
    Do you mean Carmen rollers?
    No! 21st century rollers - ceramic cores that get super hot, and give you nice glossy curls, you should get yourself down Argos Tosscat. They'll revolutionise your hairstyling options...
    i was in Chaps the other day to get my hair cut, kelly did a great job and is a lovely young lady. i look forward to my next visit.

cheers kelly.

Carlos.
  • edited March 2009
    Thankyou Eufemia and Carlos im glad you had a nice visit to C&D and hope to see you back to the store soon..Hey Princess_l yes i do have a full set of brushes and also tongs and rollers to give you any type of curl you would like! :)
  • edited March 2009
    Kelly cut my hair yesterday and also did a great job - although I am still getting used to nearly having a fringe. Today I will have to wash it and see whether I can make it look anywhere near as good. Bah.
    Just to clarify, you had your hair cut on Saturday and you haven't washed it yet?
    I had my hair cut on Saturday and then washed it on Sunday night - should I be washing it twice a day?
    Can we set up a poll on this please?
  • edited April 2009
    I would like to invite you all to Chaps and Dames on Monday
    6th April..We are having a get together from 5.30pm till late to launch B&B (Bumble&Bumble Hair products) which will be the new exclusive hair product range that we will be using and selling in the salon, and also to help make the local community and beyond aware that we are offering additional services at C&D such as..Vintage clothing,Artwork,Ladies hairdressing,styling,colouring etc,make-up (by oppointment only)..and more ...
    On the night we will be handing out complimentry flyers which give you 1/3 off your next colouring service and also sparkling wine...Hope lots of you can make it down x
    Did any one see the London Lite on the 10th p12 and 13? Was sure someone on her would have mentioned it elsewhere?
  • IanIan
    edited 8:55PM
    I saw it, I forgot to mention it.
    Can anyone shed any light as to what's going on at Chaps and Dames?

I've been twice now and need to think if I'll test a third visit...

Where did Kelly-Marie go? Is Paul any good? Does he listen to what you ask for and do as you say?

Are there any other regular 'slylists' other than Paul and the other guy, Vi(c)tor? I had a nice, but random woman last time and she didn't really want to do what I asked for.

Help please! Ta.
  • Is there any point to hair stylists?
    Yes. if you have hair.
  • IanIan
    I went there a bit ago, perfectly friendly and perfectly good cut. However, he kept snapping his fingers next to my ear and telling me how great he is so the experience wore thin. Others who don't mind people clicking fingers constantly and the endless drone of hair shop chatter may find it more bearable.
    Last time I walked past there was a string quartet playing with (I think) the guy who runs it on the piano.
  • IanIan
    I saw that - that would be bearable.
  • edited December 2009
    The guy who runs it is a bit of a musician, he once offered to sing me a couple of songs after my haircut. I made my excuses and left...
    I like Paul and tend to get my haircut there. He's ambitious and he's working hard and he's trying to build something. He's tried a few things, though the clothes and music stuff is a bit different I can't fault him for trying.
    Thank you fellas.

Any women willing to comment on the cuts?

As lizbet clarifies, there is a point to 'stylists' if you have hair, women generally don't lose thiers the way fellas do, so we mostly get the point.

I have a full head (of short hair), I'm a no-fussier-than-the-next kinda woman, and I want to support local business, but only if there is a decent 'stylist' available at Chaps and Dames.

I don't think I could bear another session of Paul gibbering in the background about how great he is (apparently his habit) without the benefit of a decent cut.
  • Ah - I was going to give this place a go seeing it's down the road, but I despise hair shop chatter. Possibly not the place for me?
    Haven't had a cut, but Kelly-Marie did put my hair up for a wedding and very fabulous it was too. She seemed to "get" what I meant by 40s film star crossed with seashell shape, even though I didn't really know what I was on about.
    I've also bought clothes from there. I think it's a great, unusual addition to the area and should be supported.
    I've had Vitor cut and colour my hair and he's always done a really good job. Kelly Marie did it once and although it was nice, most people at work asked me what I'd done to my hair! So Vitor is always the one for me.
    Hope everyone is well..I haven't been on here for a while and would just like to confirm that yes im still working at Chaps and Dames :)
    I suggest next time you write an advert, you put your address in it.
    good point.
    154 Tollington Park,N4 3ad.
    Right next door to the Front Room Cafe :)
  • edited January 2011
    I will now be back at Chaps and Dames every Thursday,Friday and Saturday from Feb 2011,For those interested in making an appointment :)..Kelly-Marie (Stylist)

Wouls also like to add that we have finally have twitter,
    A blog,
    Up to date Facebook group page..

Website is still currently under construction but aims to be launched end of Feb!..

I put the links for those that wish to follow us or simply have a look :)

Twitter-http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2F&h=47b31

Blog-http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchapsanddames.blogspot.com%2F&h=47b31

Facebook Group-http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchapsanddames.blogspot.com%2F&h=47b31

(Copy and paste link to browser bar)

Webite-www.chapsanddames.co.uk

Email-chapsanddames@hotmail.com
    What are your prices?

Women's short hair cut (no drying or stlying required)