Virgin Media BBC1 & 2

edited March 2010 in Local discussion
Hello all

Is anyone having trouble picking up BBC1 and 2 on Virgin Media in N4? When I say trouble I actually mean a blank screen and no hope of watching University Challenge...

We phoned Virgin and they said "there's a problem in your area".

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• edited 5:37PM
    Yes. Sporadically. And never for very long - maybe two or three minutes at most. I thought that it was a BBC problem, given that the other channels stay on.
    I am having trouble with Broadband with Virgin completely. I can only watch things on catch up either very late or during the day. It seems like there is a problem with Virgin. Did they say when this problem might be fixed? I was thinking of having to buy a TV because I've given up on laptop as TV option right now!
  • IanIan
    edited 5:37PM
    Probably they are throttling down your broadband because you are using too much bandwidth watching tv at peak time.
    I've had no problems wih Virgin in N4. Watching Nicholas Nickleby on BBC2 with Charlie Hunnan and his ridiculous attempt to mask his Geordie accent.
    We can't get catch-up right now.
    I was having problems with picking up channels, so I called them up and they sent an engineer out. He had a look at the box and pissed about with it, then changed the box. Now it works fine.

Broadband is still patchy, but he told us to make sure that they are switched off at the wall every night.

I have done this and it does seem to be loads better on the whole.
    Thank you all!

Think the answer is to get the engineer out. It's been longer than a week now and we still have no BBC1 or BBC2. We should demand a discount.

Catch up is also iffy - sometimes it iplayer doesn't want to play and the search functionality is a shocker. But that's for another time...
    Hmm, reconsidering the idea of getting Virgin...
    Is bt fibre optic here yet?
    Never really had a problem with it before and I've had Virgin for nearly 3 years. I'd still choose it over Sky, as long as they come and fix our box.