Tottenham?!

jj
edited March 2010 in Local discussion
I'd hardly be described a major Gooner, but I couldn't help noticing that much of the area just east of Stroud Green Road (as far South as Seven Sisters Road, even) is described on Google Street view as "Tottenham"...

What gives?

Comments

• edited 9:03PM
    Historically that's what it is. Nothing wrong with Tottenham.

(Never forget that north and east of Finsbury Park is Tottenham Hotspur country. Those itinerant parasites Ar$en@l only rolled up from Woolwich in 1913).

The campaign to revert Arsenal Tube's name back to the original Gillespie Road continues.
    In what sense is it 'historically Tottenham'? East of SGR was in Hornsey, now Haringey. East of the railway is Harringay (once Hornsey Wood). Tottenham is (North) East of there...
    footballing geographical rivalry... ahh, I missed you so much.

I am a full Time Evertonian and part time gooner given I live on Tollington park, and Arsenal often stop Liverpool and Man u from winning things (although not as much recently)

But yeah, Football.. Hmm, Jumpers for goalposts.
    What is the point in Tottenham?

The Gooners have wiped the floor with them for 20 years....
    Oh dear. Some people are genuinely bothered by boundaries and such. This may not be the forum for me. Ta ta.

Kx
    JFJ. Go to the Nicholas Nickelby and have a chat with Barman Jim, if you like Toffee.
    Everything east of Green Lanes is Tottenham.
    And everything north of Stroud Green Road is in Haringey. Arsenal have no business in Haringey.
    What is the most southerly outpost of Arsenal's empire? What would be the next team you would encounter when venturing further?
    Manchester United probably.