Cider challenge

Jack's off licence has got about forty different bottled ciders in his window. As a West Country boy and dedicated wurzelhead, I have decided to make it my mission to taste every one and rate them in order. Are there any other cider sippers on this forum who would care to participate?

Apparently it's one of the Jacks's hobby to go round sourcing rare and unusual bottled beers and ciders on a day off. That's fantastic. i think Jack's off licence deserves to be more highly appreciated.

Comments

• edited 6:44PM
    West Country La La La West Country La La La
    It's a bit out the way for me but I always pop in there when going the Jai Chrishna (although that particular venue is 'on hold' for me, pending the next scores-on-the-doors rating).

The ale selection is great. When I commented on this, the owner said, "yeah, but it's a museum, people come and look, not buy!" I reckon if that place sorted out the window display, it would probably get the recognition it deserves?
    I love the window display ,it reminds of Gerry's in Soho which is the best off licence of all time.
  • edited March 2010
    How have I never been to Jacks in 3 years living in FP? Am I right in thinking it's on the corner approximately across the road from Woody's?

Does Jacks do a good line in various types of Ale as well? If so, I shall go in for a browse...

Oops - just read Wideboy's comment above, will pop in over the weekend to stock up on a few ales then..
    It's great, if grubby. Has never let me down when searching for ingredients for cocktails too. Even stock mad stuff like Chambord. I'm not sure if they keep it looking down-at-heel as they don't want to scare off the '1 can of Super' purchaser. I'll make no mention of the dubious youngsters I've never seen being ID'ed. Oh.
    @ActionVerb - it's opposite Jai's.
    I'm not sure I can do all forty in one sitting, but happy to give it a go.