The Big Tidy Up - Parkland Walk, 21st March

edited March 2010 in Local discussion
Just seen signs for a 'big tidy up' of Parkland Walk. 2-4pm on Sunday, 21st March. Meet at FP cafe.

Comments

• edited 8:59PM
    Thanks, I might join in with that.
  • edited March 2010
    Can we lay down new tracks while we're there? I'd like Stroud Green to get its station back. Arky
    I was just walking along the Parkland Walk, between the park and Albert Road, and noticed that a couple of the resurfaced sections were covered in litter. Initially I thought that it was just the scruffiness of those bits which made people less bothered about dropping stuff there, but looking again, it seemed almost as though they'd been resurfaced with rubble which had broken plastic forks &c already mixed in with it, perhaps as if someone had simply upended a skip.
    Yep - it looks like they've been repaving it with some dirty aggregate. There were chipped up basins, bits of plastic and wire all in the mix. I presume this is the base layer and they will put a sand/stone mix on top.
    I was talking to the guys working on the improvements yesterday. They are re-doing the work - which meant digging up the walk, so it's all mixed up and 'orrible. They are building up a camber, and it'll be topped off with the fine ginger powdery-grit (it's got a proper name, but i can't remember it) I said oh nooooo, that makes for silty mud in winter, but Mr Contractor said nah, it sets hard...we'll see what happens...
  • edited April 2010
    A camber on a parkland walk, that's not really ideal for any pedestrian purpose, what with ankles and all. They'll be putting tarmac over it next. Already have cyclists being dicks and firing straight down the middle as it is.
    Surely the camber will be of use simply for keeping it drained and preventing it from devolving into a quagmire after rains, which benefits everyone?