Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Assembling a Roman blind

edited July 2010 in General chat
Does anyone have the skills appropriate to fixing a Roman blind over a window? The expensive blind in my boudoir has not functioned for some time, it was restrung recently and I have all the fixings and everything but it appears impossible to put back up. It was left to me to reassemble with no instructions, and now the prat in the blind shop proposes to charge me £50 for this undoubtedly simple task (when you know how).

Will exchange for some other skill or a few drinks or wad of notes somewhat less than £50.

Never get a blind, stick with curtains is my advice.

Comments

• edited 7:47PM
    what state is the blind in currently? Are all your strings attached? I wonder if it was restrung incorrectly. What you need to do is hang the blind from the top edge, in place in your window. and then take each string, from the bottom edge of the blind, one at a time, up through the rings on the reverse of the blind, along the top of the window, through every eyelet, and over to the side where you will eventually have the cord to raise and lower the blind.... Does this help?
  • edited 7:47PM
    Poke 'im in the eye......