Hairdressers in N4/N8

edited June 2010 in Local discussion
Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced hairdresser in the Stroud Green or Crouch End area?

Comments

• edited 1:25PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for the tips. I've since heard good things about the Organic Hair Company on Crouch Hill. Anyone else been there?
    Thanks for the manicure/pedicure tips too :)
    I have worked my way around most of the hairdressers in Crouch End. I went to Organic Hair for ages and liked it but then my hairdresser left and I didn't seem to get as good a cut by the others so I thought I'd try out the others. This was years ago so they may be fine there now. Recently I've been going to Ilki on Park Rd and she definitely gives me the best haircuts I've ever had - only bad thing is she seems to take too many appointments and you end up waiting and feeling a bit annoyed! If you've got plenty of time though it's worth it...
    My friend swears by MP4. I used to love the place near the bookshops and Snapy Snaps, have forgotten it's name - can't remember why I changed. I think I just moved to Ilki on a strong recommendation.
    Let us know where you go - if it's somewhere different I might try them out!
    Thanks - I might have a look at the Ilki prices. Stopped by at Organic tonight but it's as expensive as Peppermint Green. I'm used to prices outside of London so I'm finding it quite a shock!
    I think Ilki will be the same price. Worth checking it out though.

Ooh, I've just rememered, there's a place on Weston Park, in that little section of shops near Inderwick Rd. My friend goes there every time and one day of the week they do a big discount on cuts, maybe half price - Tuesdays or whatever their quiet day is. I've just looked them up, they're called Avalon. Definitely worth a go if you can go on the discount day.
    There is a small hairdressers called Blossom on Stroud Green Road (at the first bus stop on SGR, going towards Finsbury P - opposite Funeral Directors) - she is a very nice Greek woman, works on her own and reasonable prices, I have been three times now and no problems at all.
    Thank you! I will have a look at both Avalon and Blossom :)
    There is a new Hairdressers at the bottom of Ferme Park Road, next to Londis. I think the name is Image..... I'm thinking of giving it a go and would be interested to hear views from anyone that has been there.
    for all you women who want a personal cut try my lovely daughter terri, Terri trained in west end under Daniel Galvin and works 3 days a week in liverpool st but she cuts from our home as well or in the comfort of you home so some of you know me sam the builder so keep it in the family give terri a ring on 07507795991
    Blossom's great - she really listens to what you want and, what's more, will actually do what you want. I'm a nervous patient when it comes to hairdressers as I've had so many frustrations with people giving me the style they think would suit me, rather than what I asked for.
    And she's a good chat, too.
    I tried Organic for the first time at the weekend. I'll let you <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/markpack/4693133117/">judge the results...</a> but I was quite impressed and the staff were very friendly.
    Get the no.19 bus to far end of Upper St. just after business design centre, and go to Rough Cut or phone and ask for Deborah. they're the best.
    <a HREF="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4422866/Trail/searchtext>WAHL.htm" target="clip">Best - and cheapest - haircut in town...</a>
    Thanks for everyone's help. I have booked an appointment at Blossoms.
    I'm also going to book myself a pedicure. I've already had one recommendation for Laura's Nails on Crouch Hill. Has anyone else been there/suggest other options?
    Blossoms is fantastic. Had my hair cut this morning and I'm really pleased. Such good value and lovely service. Highly recommended.
    I had my hair cut in Blossoms at the weekend and am really pleased with the result. The salon is lovely with a 1940s/1950s retro feel and her prices are good too.
    i thoroughly recommend "moda" on green lanes. i went in for my standard grade 4 buzz and the guy got out a massive novelty cigarette lighter and without warning burnt off my ear hair. quite the experience, some of them speak english now too.
    ...and they've got parrots.
    runi - I went to the Image hairdressers on Ferme Park Road about two months ago and they were pretty good! I have hairdresser fear brought about by unmanageable curly hair, but the lady who cut mine did a lovely job whilst actually asking for and listening to what I wanted done - top marks.
    I took advantage of working from home today to get a mid-afternoon appointment at Blossoms as a first time visitor. It's a gorgeous salon, loads of beautiful vintage bits to look at. The owner (Blossom?!) is very friendly and I'm pleased with the cut and blowdry. It's not the cheapest place I've visited locally but I'd go again because she's a nice lady and it's a good place to have on SGR.
    Smart Design do women's hair an all
    I also went to Blossoms for the first time the other week and was blown away by how cool and interesting the salon is inside. Just the sort of independent shop that makes a high street really unique. Anyway, as Emma says, the cut was great and the owner was very nice so I'll be back.
  • valval
    edited 1:25PM
    I tried Blossoms some time ago, but prefer Image, as the prices are better and I've had the best cuts ever for naturally wavy hair.