Castle Climbing Centre

edited January 2011 in Local discussion
Anyone used it? Am thinking of signing up for intro course.

Comments

• edited 7:17PM
    Once. Great fun, but I'm too lazy to become a member. Lots of different walls of different difficulties. I've seen people climbing the outside too.
    It's brilliant. Highly recommended and caters for all abilities. Nice cafe upstairs too where you can sip a post climb hot chocolate and watch the really good climbers do their stuff.
    i use the sobell centre for that mid 80's old school vibe.

Castle is great but a bit 'lifestyle'

sobell is also 1/3 of the price (and about 1/16 of the quality to be fair)
    I climbed there a few years ago. They proved very expensive when I wanted to take school kids there and then went to the Jubilee Center in Kentish Town but I think they had to close down because of lack of funding. I prefer the Llanberis Pass but my Freedom Pass doesn't work in Wales!
    Sailing centre next door is ace. I learned to sail there. Capsized a 20 foot boat too. Thrilling.
    Also the Swiss Cottage wall is good : semi open side walls so nice and airy in summer when the castle is a stuffy, B.O. and chalk dust ridden sweatbox

http://www.high-sports.co.uk/climbing_site.php?site=swisscottage
    I've been to the castle a couple of times and always enjoyed it, you can do everything from bouldering to full climbs. I keep meaning to go back but never quite make it.

I'd also quite like to try the sailing centre once it gets a bit warmer.