YES YES YES - Royal Wedding Joy!?*&$! – SG Street Party plan boost anticipated

2»

Comments

• edited 3:00PM
    Re Lorne Road, the approval is on 3 Feb in Wood Greens. Joyce and Hassan are the best ones to discuss this with.
    I too would be delighted to barricade myself in the Stapleton all weekend.
    Well, Jim all I can say is start on saturday because the manager has already agreed a Royal Wedding themed roast beef dinner( *lunch for southerners). It depends on the weather - I can't eat hot food when the sun in shining (my son is the same), but it could be quite good. It's basically for those who don't want to join the street parties and, I guess, have the all day drinking thing with fewer kids, egg and spoon races etc.
    Do you not have a basement for your son? I do, if it helps.
    Oooh, the Stalinist is whispering at me! I don't know if this is terror tactics or simple technological incompetence (he does support a party which spent ages dismissing computers as 'bourgeois deviationist pseudoscience', so either is possible).
    Be careful comrade. If there's a knock at the door in the middle of the night DON'T ANSWER IT.
    Hell, that's good advice generally. Even before the Party were after me it would only ever be people owed money by thieving former tenants, or drunk and outraged men demanding details of the depravities I had perpetrated on their loved ones.
    ADGS, Apparently my 'whisper' has now become generalised -- a 'shout', perhaps, or even a 'scream'Can you please tell me, then, when, where and by whom computer technology was dismissed in the ex-USSR? And, yes, 'whispering' my comments to you was a fuck-up on my part rather than a conscious decision. But where does the idea of 'terrror tactics' come from? I'm gobsmacked! Signed, your loving neighbour.
    Woah, ADGS, <i>he knows where you live</i>.
    What can I say, Commissar? Stalinist + 'whisper' just makes me think of Orlando Figes' <i>The Whisperers</i>, a frankly chilling account of life under your idol. Which no doubt you will handwave away as more reactionary propaganda.
    The references were in a Ken MacLeod book I read from the library some years back (and it's worth mentioning that he is a Communist, just not the sort you'd approve of) and sadly don't seem to be online for comparison. However, searching has reminded me of other jollies such as Lysenkoism, the Soviet-approved alternative to deviationist bourgeois genetics. And how quantum mechanics and relativity were felt to be contrary to dialectical materialism, and thus necessarily false. It really was a moronic ideology, wasn't it? And anyone still espousing it in 2011 is clearly never going to listen to anything approaching reason. As such, further responses to you are frankly, not worth any further wear on my keyboard. I look forward to the day when you're treated with the same general contempt as an avowed fan of the other great genocidal maniac of the mid-20th Century would be.
  • edited January 2011
    Is that Ken MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod? Born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel? Immortal?
    No. It's another one. Apparently there can be two.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I'm shocked! Next thing you'll be saying you weren't convinced by Sean Connery's Spanish accent.