Local Vietnamese in Islington

edited February 2011 in Local discussion
Hello,

Im looking for a local Vietnamese in N4 or N1? Has anyone tried the one on Blackstock road?

Im meeting someone who lives in N1 so dont fancy Crouch or n1 Englefield Road one.

Interested to find out about Blackstock road one, it looks new and is at the top of the hill.

Hope it's good.

Comments

• edited 5:03PM
    Would be nice if it was good. Even though I think we have enough restaurants on SGR (or the surrounding area), a Vietnamese would be welcome. I like the ones south of Dalston but the one in the old community centre on Englefield Road is a bit over-rated
  • IanIan
    edited 5:03PM
    The Vietnamese on Blackstock Road is pretty good - Au Lac. It's been there a while.
  • I once had a holiday in Vietnam with Dorcas in the early days of our courtship. I had been in Australia as a buckaroo so had eaten some Vietnamese food there as they were quite eclectic food-wise. The holiday was a bit of a wash out and we had gut rot most of the time (this was before the kids came along). The food was the cause and worried me ever since because they really do put dog and rat on the menu. You might ask 'what's the difference with lamb - they are all God's creatures' etc. But, call me old fashioned, I can't eat rodents. Now whether UK Viethamese restaurants follow the same recipes I would not know...but I'm not sure I could bribe Dorcas to darken the doors of Au Lac how ever good it is....
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Had Au la last night, top quality and healthy food as always. Highly Recommended .
    Au Lac is fantastic!
    Au Lac for takeaway as the atmosphere in there can be a little funereal to say the least
    It was rammed last Friday night. They said it was because of the new year, which we'd forgotten about when booking. We were served OK, but by the time we left if was getting a bit chaotic. It's usually always busy on a Friday or Saturday and Thursday & Friday lunch time. Yum! Making myself feel peckish...
    Hiya,

Thanks for that - we had a take-away from there tonight and the summer rolls were amazing.

Would love to go and eat in there so when we next get a babysitter will go.

Thanks very much.
  • AliAli
    edited 5:03PM
    Is that a FF, WLM, D, N or SHT gents toilet as they are all pretty awful ie FF to the once quite flash ie WLM or are we talking further a filed here ?
    Hmm, will have to try that. Used to enjoy Khoai Cafe in Crouch End but have been disappointed with recent meals there. I was very disappointed that the Vietnamese restaurant didn't take Dudley's place.