Best falafel in Stroud Green?

edited February 2011 in Local discussion
I love falafel and have sampled some amazing ones in a few different countries. I was wondering what is the best takeaway falafel you've had in the Stroud Green area . Black sea is slick and professional but a bit sterile. Kings is abundant but a bit greasy. The one near Finsbury Park gate (can't remember its name) is cheap and cheerful.

What do you think?

Comments

• I've had falafel from a few of the takeaways round these parts - the ones you mention, and the one just down Blackstock Road, around Rock St. I think they've all been passable, not much more, and I'm always annoyed by the use of wraps rather than pitta bread...

Black Sea and the one on Blackstock are probably the better ones, but I wouldn't say there was much in it.
  • edited 4:50PM
    Kings give you the choice of pitta or flat bread.
  • Aha, I know where I'm getting my next falafel fix from then.
    Cheers!
    does anyone know if Yildiz on Blackstock Rd do felafel wraps?

my entire family is pretty much addicted to lamb or chicken wraps (the debate over which is best continues to rage...), but if they do good felafel too, that just throws another cat amongst the pigeons!!
    Quite off topic, but has anybody ever tried the falafel in 'van alley' off Petticoat Lane market? Best falafel ever! Where else do you get chips and delicious high-viz pink stuff rolled into your wrap? Very very good, and far away from Stroud Green, I'm afraid.
  • Kebabalicios!
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. From what I gather I haven't missed anything amazing. I was spoilt when I lived in Berlin. £2 for a superior falafel with lovely salad.

Must try the place on Blackstock Road though!
    Goulston Street is the address of van alley. You're definitely missing out on something if you' don't try it, and I don't often rave about things I have no business affiliations to. I generally don't rave a lot (on this site).
    @ Marquis. Yes, unlike me you're not a raver and I trust your opinion aobut the falafel place. I might check it out soon. I haven't been down to Petticoat Lane market since I was a kid.