Football parking restrictions today what

edited April 2011 in Local discussion
Hi,

I have friends visiting today and there is an Arsenal game at 4.00pm does anyone know what time the parking restrictions come into place and finish as I cant seem to find any information on line and the local police dont seem to know!

Thanks.

Bridget

Comments

• RoyRoy
    edited 3:46PM
    The times should be on the parking signs on the street. What borough are you in?
  • edited 3:46PM
    Not sure where you were looking online but if you go to Islington's website and look at parking information you'll find this <http://www.islington.gov.uk/Transport/RoadsAndParking/Parking/parking_restrictions/emirates_stadium_restrictions.asp>;
    Hi thanks for trying to help.

I couldnt leave the house as I was on my own with a sleeping toddler and didnt want to leave her on her own and the sign is s few streets away near Lennox Road I think.

The website time is saying 12-4.30 on Sunday but as the game was starting unusually at 4.00pm I knew this couldnt be right.

Local police didnt know, I called Arsenal and woman on phone hadnt a clue and after insisting she go and ask around the office she came back and said from 1.00pm till 7.00pm!!!
    A very long time if you have friends visiting for a two year olds birthday party that is a lot of parking vouchers!

I wish there was a way of accessing this information online especially if it isnt a standard game - seems really stupid!

Thanks for your help.

Bridget
  • edited April 2011
    The local police wouldn't know - they don't set or enforce or indeed have anything to do with parking restrictions, it is purely a council matter. The Emirates staff wouldn't be expected to know anything about it either, especially as the parking right next to the Emirates - Drayton Pk etc is different from the parking slightly further away (in SG). I'm in Moray Rd and the restrictions displayed on the lamp post signs were as described on the council website. 12 - 4.30. They don't have late kick offs on a Sunday so 4.30 prevents people from parking before a game. Almost every single lamp post displays the signs in our road, it's the same in most of the streets near me.
  • RoyRoy
    edited 3:46PM
    Yes, I agree. Even if they do have a late kick off, I don't think they can arbitrarily vary the times, at least not without having a new Traffic Regulation Order which they'd have to advertise and give the opportunity for people to object. I'm pretty sure that if it says 12 - 4.30 then 12 - 4.30 is what it has to be. The signs should be by the actual parking bays, you shouldn't have to walk several streets (except possibly to find out if match day restrictions applied - but you already knew they did). As miss annie says, that's still good enough to stop people parking before a 4pm kick-off match - unless they're going to leave the game at 4.15 to move their cars!
    Hiya,

The problem is is that I couldnt go out and leave the toddler on her own to find out and I needed to find out. Also - I found out it was from 1.00pm till 7.00pm from Arsenal.

Not till 4.30pm at all.

Odd. I wish I could find somewhere online that would be specific to that day, it it isnt a regular style time.
    Hi Bridget The folks at Arsenal were wrong about that. Although it may have been the right information for the streets right next to the stadium if that's where you live. Roy is right, the council can't change what they advertise on their signs and it was definitely 12 - 4.30 in Moray Rd, I checked them myself and the traffic wardens were nowhere to be seen after 4.30 when I got back from watching the Marathon. Signing up for the advance warning of fixtures via the link I posted above is really helpful when planning events at home, and there is also a hotline number that you can phone for parking info. Good luck.
    I came across this map whilst investigating parking permits. This might help you. If you are near Lennox Rd you're in zone J. <http://www.islington.gov.uk/DownloadableDocuments/TransportandStreets/Pdf/CPZ_Maps/CPZ_J.pdf>;