knife attacks

edited March 2011 in Local discussion
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/two_knifed_in_separate_upper_holloway_attacks_1_845012

oh dear and nearly missed looking at it with the Upper Holloway reference.

Comments

• edited 6:31AM
    Also:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/postcode_war_fears_in_islington_after_random_stabbings_1_853473

'Postcode war fears in Islington after random stabbings'

Bit too close for comfort - stabbings in Corbyn Street and Sparsholt Rd.
    We still live in an area which has relatively low levels of crime. Unless you are a teenage boy you are quite unlikely to be the victim of a stabbing in London. I'd still rather live in the city than in the countryside where they have rampaging maniacs on shooting sprees every few months.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    What do you expect in Lidl's?
    Thanks for posting that and ditto on too close for comfort...as someone who lives around that side of the neighborhood I appreciate knowing this is going on, both to be aware for myself and to have an eye out for others in trouble.
    does anyone know anything about a shooting on Almington street? happened last Tuesday.
  • hsbhsb
    edited 6:31AM
    There was a shooting. Got a note from Trident through the door asking if anyone saw anything. Not sure if it was fatal or not. It also explains the ring on my doorbell at 1am (which I didn't answer due to being in slumber at the time) which was most likely the police going door to door. That makes one mugging, two stabbings and a shooting in the space of a week all within 200m of where I live. Let's hope it's not a growing trend!
  • edited April 2011
    Those gangs are badass, but I'd have thought that Trident would be a disproportionate response with serious collatoral damage.
    I've seen two fist fights in LIdl - one where even one of the bystander employees got pelted in the back of the head. I never know what kind of crazy I'll run into when I shop there...
    Yes, a nuclear sub should sort the bastards out... much more effective than nectar-carrying insects.
  • AliAli
    Wil Self was on Newsnight last night predicted much more of this sort of stuff. Quite unfortunate really, he suggested that you should get your door and window locks up to scratch
  • RoyRoy
    You never know when someone with a nuclear submarine may try and nuke your doors and windows. Definitely best to make sure the locks are up to scratch!
    If anyone is thus minded, a pal of mine works as an officer on nuclear submarines - I can't imagine than he'd be averse to loaning it out for a bit of burglary or ramraiding if times got tough.
    As for the Nuclear waste what about the TRAIN at 4.30am whose vibration is damaging our homes & disturbing our slumbers . Weapons of mass destruction are not needed. Islington was once declared a Nuclear free zone because of it . It has varying routes. When it goes fast broke machine as went off measure. Who cares now?
  • RoyRoy
    I doubt a nuclear waste train would cause any more vibration than any other train. They're unremarkable with regard to their general weight and size (otherwise they wouldn't be allowed on the railway in the first place). It's true that freight trains (of all kinds) often run at night - that's in large part because during the day the railway is generally busy with passenger trains.
    It's the green luminous hue from the nuclear waste train that really bothers me.
    Another shooting on Moray Road last night. Wonderful. Hope these people wipe eachother out soon.
    Really, where? I live on Moray Rd and was home all night. Didn't see or hear anything at all.
    A lot of police tape and a couple of cars at the Andover estate end when I walked home about midnight last night. All trace gone by this morning though.
    The Birnam Road end. It happened at about 4:30pm in broad daylight. A lad got shot but it wasn't fatal.