Image dry cleaner

edited May 2011 in Local discussion
Hi,
I was just wondering if I was alone in this experience of Image dry cleaners on fonthill road. Very high standard of work but NEVER get the job done in time, always at least two days behind with the same old excuse of "sorry, we are really busy at the moment". I was thinking of telling them this next time I go, but just wondered if I am being a bit uptight....? I wanted something done for a funeral once and it wasn't ready so I was a bit peeved.

Comments

• edited 8:33PM
    I've had the same thing, often for weeks, they must take on loads of jobs and not have the staff to do everything. I've met a whole succession of different women working in there, that don't seem to stay. I keep going back because the quality is good, quite expensive though. Approaching £50 to get a skirt re-lined!
    I can highly reccommend NOT going to the one a few doors down from sainsburys on SGR either - they kept my flatmates camisole jackets for two days and when she got them back - they hadn't even touched them! One of her hairs was still attached to the lining inside and they smelled of her perfume. She went back and kicked up a storm - they then admitted they hadn't had time to clean them. Apalling service!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    £50 for lining? You know that lining material is about £1.50 a (wide) metre don't you? Even the most voluminous skirt would only need 3m. That's a huge charge for a couple of hours easy work!
  • RoyRoy
    edited 8:33PM
    Right, so where's the nearest dry cleaner that is efficient and competent, then?
  • RoyRoy
    *skims that thread* Choosing an SG dry cleaner seems to be as fraught as choosing a doctor or dentist! Fortunately I don't need anything dry cleaning right now - but I always leave things till the last minute - I couldn't cope with cleaners that didn't give you your clothes back on the day they said they would! Roy
    No I didn't know lining was that cheap, @miss annie, but I thought the cost was mainly in the labour. They said they'd have to basically make another skirt and that's why it was so much. If it's only a couple of hours of work, it's taking the piss a bit clearly. I wonder where else is good, and more realistically priced?
    choosing a dentist is a doddle. go to mr shah
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SamSam
    I am a new hear. Was Reading the coments about Image dry cleaners. I had a skirt relined by them it cost me £35 and I got it on time. I have been useing image for a long time. Must say there work is verry high standard. I have used the others in the area but allways go back to image. And the cleaning is the best in N4. Sam.
    Snow White are the best.
    Agreed, Sevlow.