Rogue trader Mike the Mobile Mechanic with black van in Lorne Road....BBC Watchdog

This is a gem. Last night's BBC Watchdog exposed the rogue trader in our midst - Mike the mobile mechanic who is the guy with the sinister weird-looking black van you'll have seen driving round the area, which used to be parked in Lorne Road. The BBC fixed up a car with a couple of minor faults and used secret filming - let's just say that the repairs were not as stated.

Comments

• edited 1:33PM
    dogs called Coke & Charlie... hmmmmm
    awesome, I watched it and never realised Mike was my neighbour! Thanks!
  • edited July 2011
    Some people, eh? :-)
  • edited December 2017
    I believe bonfires are legal, so long as they're not persistent or a nuisance or a hazard. Hazard being the worst.
    He's actually repairing a car on Lorne Road now.
  • edited July 2011
    [deleted]
    BBC blog entry on http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/05/rogue_mechanic.html ...
    I came across this a few days ago and wanted to have a say in what the above comments are saying. Im the partner of Mike, And I find it very unfair that Krappyrubsnif would insinuate that my dogs are in anyway dangerous and the friend he chooses to have in his life are of unsavoury ability.. To quote

"I wouldn't go too close, he has two very fierce-looking dogs (called Coke and Charlie) and a number of somewhat threatening friends on supercharged small motor bikes."

If you know about my dogs then you must of met me to get half of there names right ( There called JD and Coke btw ) and you must also know that I have a little yorkie to which is the worst out of all 3 of them, and for those who have even seen my dogs know they are very well trained and not in any way classed as dangerous... And to also imply that his friend are unsavoury when you dont even know them is very judgemental. Boxing someone in to how they might dress or look or to what there hobbies may be will also imply hwo narrow minded you are .. These people you class as unsavoury are family men.. Not that you need to know anything about there lives.

So although I can understand the extent of what Mike has done, and it was a shock to all of us to know what was happening, I do have to express anger at the above comments in stereo-typing in this manner.
    thanks smithy, great post!
    I've apologised to smithy8383 and edited my post. She is quite right to object. I hope we can move on.
    Thank you guys.. It means alot.. Hope you are all well ...