Silver Bullet

2»

Comments

• edited 8:09PM
    Kreuzkav is bang on. That lane is an exercise in road planning idiocy of the highest order. If you ask me, they should level that whole block, relocate some of the businesses to the permanently vacant units by Rowan's bowl and the surrounding roads and put in a more effective traffic system and/or nice green space.
    I was quite grateful yesterday when a cyclist just said loudly 'eyes up!' when I was crossing in front of him, fiddling with my iphone. I wasn't looking, he wasn't agressive and neither of us got hurt.
    I know there's been some discussions about changes to the cycle route for a while by Islington Council. I was sent this a while ago, not sure what the latest is. <http://www.hornseyjournal.co.uk/news/travel/finsbury_park_bike_route_a_waste_of_money_say_cyclists_1_869915>;
    There was a consultation document being handed out about a month ago. Improvements are being paid for out of the SUSTRANS budget. Basically a wider cycle lane/junction at the head of Rock Road and a shared lane at the bus station, crossing Seven Sisters etc.
    This is all VERY VERY sad and I suggest you get a life eh
  • edited May 2011
    I don't cycle but I understand that those who do are interested in it and that this kind of issue is important to cyclists. It's not really sad. I'll tell you what I think is sad. A three legged cat that can't get out of a box.
    I tell you what I find is sad...a seemingly grown human being coming on here and commenting that something is 'sad'. What kind of action packed life do you lead? Did you kill Osama, are you Lord lucan or do you have Shergar tied up in your back garden? Cycle lanes are important, unless you're Jeremy Clarkson or you don't own a bike. I'm neither and don't really care but for cyclists these are needed And to all you cyclists out there A RED LIGHT MEANS STOP not go through slowly!
    I stop at red lights and zebra crossings. I didn't always, but I realize how annoying and arrogant it is despite the fact that its often safer to jumps a red now and again. And thanks for the advice Sevlow. Advice on getting a life always welcome. I assume tips on being an arsehole are also your area of expertise.
    I'm in the White Lion most evenings if anybody wishes to discuss anything / needs advice etc.....
    Is that what qualifies as having a life these days?
    For us real people, yeah, yeah it does. So like I say if you need any advice you know where to find me.
    I obviously need this conversation since I'm neither a real person nor have a life.
    I shall be sat up the far right hand corner 8.30ish
    I'll have to take a rain check as I'll be trying my hand at "making friends" in some place called "Camden" tonight. I've already done some research, see. I'll leave the bike at home, they might consider that a bit sad.
    I might ask for advice.
  • edited May 2011
    How long is the Silver Bullet going to be there in its present configuration thefunnster? My understanding was that it's a pop-up style arrangement whereby you've taken on the remainder of someone else's lease, so I was expecting it to close again after a few months. Have I been misinformed?
    @Detritus More than welcome. Ask for a form at the bar, you know so you can fill in your particulars etc..
    I'm here, where I said I'd be. No takers I presume, ah well next week maybe?!
    Dude, you're sat in the White Lion on a smartphone (or at least I hope you are. I really hope you're not sat in there with a laptop), trying to have an argument with a random stranger you've only ever spoken to on an internet forum. You need to get out more, seriously. You call people sad because they talk about cycle lanes yet you're acting like a schoolboy. But anyhow, this is a cycling thread so... Bikes, they're fun aren't they?
  • KazKaz
    edited 8:09PM
    I thought it was a Silver Bullet thread?
    What's wrong with sitting in the WLM with a laptop? I'm sitting in the WLM with a laptop and it's midnight. I'm really scared of bumping into Sevlow now!
    Didn't David ask us all to be nice to each other a week or two ago?
    No, he asked us not to refer silly arguments to him and Andy. That was how I interpreted it anyway.
    You're both right.
    @Detritus Not trying to have an argument, just a little bit of friendly fun. @krappy Don't be
    @choaspes You're right, in that The Silver Bullet started out life as a 'pop-up' venue - the reason being that we were originally only granted a one year lease from the Landlords. In October last year they agreed to extend it, so we took the decision to stick around. Based on feedback from bands, promoters & punters (both local and those that travel into Finsbury Park) it seemed like most people were happy to have us stick around in N4.

Hope that helps clear things up!
    Good to hear you're staying