Burglary and car theft on Saturday morning, 04.06.11

edited June 2011 in Local discussion
Yes, it's me again, the chap that copped a punch to the face and lost his iPhone outside Venezia a couple of weeks back.

This time some charming peeps (or peep) broke into my house, stole an estate-load of my stuff and took my estate (and bike) for completeness.

If any of you happened to see a dark purple-blue old BMW being driven away in haste from the Woodstock Rd/Perth Rd area on Saturday morning, it'd be great to hear from you. Similarly, if you live around the same area and saw or heard anything unusual, give me a shout.

Now, repeat after me: Stroud Green is not a crime hot spot. Stroud Green is not a crime hot spot...

Mustering up all the love and good karma I have,

Drew

Comments

• edited 6:53PM
    god, sorry to hear that, that's really rubbish. at least you are ok though, this time. what did the police say? do you think the 2 are connected - as in could they have got something off your phone - or just rotten luck? all good thoughts your way!
    OMG. That's incredibly bad luck. I feel so sorry for you, and hope this is the last of the bad things that happens to you...
    Holy Maloney! What a vile series of events. I've lived in the area for 25 years and have been burgled once, years ago, in the afternoon, when I lived in a ground floor flat with an insecure kitchen window. How did they get in - have you got round to getting doors, common doors and windows properly secured (the local crime prevention officer will visit and I've always followed their advice since, and what doesn't come free you can buy from A-Z locksmith on SG Road)? I've never experienced any mugging or street attack. It sounds like very bad luck, or perhaps the two events are connected if there was an address and messages on your phone. Or have you got any enemies?

Anyway, sorry to hear that, deepest sympathies.
    Really sorry to hear that, you've had a shocker!

We haven't lived in the area for long and are all-of-a-sudden less confident in the safety of our place now.

Hopefully this is the end of your bad luck! Good luck with catching the b*stards.
    Blimey days! I've never had any troubles at all since living here, it always feels really safe to me, I never worry about walking around on my own at night or leaving windows open. Was burgled once in Camden and it's horrid. Fortunately I was impoverished then and didn't have much to lose. I'm very sorry to hear about your misfortunes.
    We got done in a similar way a while ago and the police advised that the culprits did the same to a good number of places all at the same time. It was a gang from Holloway Road/Archway and they arrested a couple of them. Apparently they nick one car and drive around the corner and do other places, upgrading the cars as they find nicer vehicles. They raided one guy's flat and found 30 laptops there and various other bots of contraband. The police will probably have a fair idea of who did it, our car turned up several months later after being used for various criminal activity, when the police first saw our car it was in great condition but then they chased the thief all around North London and the motor ended up smashed to bits!
  • gemgem
    edited 6:53PM
    This is absolutely awful! I am sorry Drew. I hope you find a way to cope with it.
    Unfortunately, I cannot say “Stroud Green is not a crime hot spot” as I have lived in the area for just over a year and have been done twice!!! The first time the car suffered, the second time the house. I definitely beat the statistics!
    On Sunday, 5 June, four men on two red motorbikes wearing exactly the same white helmets arrived to the front of my house, rang the bell several times and aggressively knocked on my door. I didn’t open. Anybody knows what this might have been about? Anybody had similar experience?
    I think we as a neighbourhood must be more vigilant and protect each other. Somebody mentioned there is a Neighbourhood watch meeting tomorrow 7pm at the Old Dairy. We should probably all go to see how we can protect ourselves...
    Hi Drew, my sympathies too. How awful for you. That is extremely bad luck. I've been in the area for seven years and never had anything like this happen. It's a great place to live, so I hope your horrid start doesn't put you off. @gem, that sounds pretty scary. Have you told the [safer neighbourhood team](http://www.met.police.uk/teams/haringey/stroudgreen/)?
  • gemgem
    edited 6:53PM
    I haven't reported directly to the Safer Neighbourhood guys. I reported all three incidents to 999 and they passed it to the SN guys, who have come to see me...