Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Rent my car!

edited June 2011 in Classifieds
Hi there,

I've just joined a neighbourhood car rental scheme and wondered if anyone wanted to rent my Mini!

I live on Mount View Road and currently get the tube or Overground into work, so for much of the time my car is sitting idle (while I'm still paying for insurance, MOT, tax disc etc).

It costs £25 a day to rent, or £5 if you just want it for the hour. A website called whipcar.com takes a cut of this, but they also sort out bespoke insurance each time someone makes a booking so I guess it's worth it. I then charge you 11p a mile for fuel on top.

The other day someone rented it to take his kids to Southend-on-Sea, and it cost him £25 for the day to rent, plus £11 in fuel. I felt like checking with him whether he new there weren't any sandy beaches in Southend, but in the end I just let him get on with it.

Before that, a woman took it to St Albans for the day, and that cost her £25, plus £9.60 for the fuel. Not bad really, though I guess I would say that.

Anyway, if you fancy borrowing it one day, the address to go to is whipcar.com/mattsmini - if my car's not free, you can see all the other ones in the area you can borrow instead.

Thanks
Matt

Comments

• gemgem
    edited 8:10PM
    Matt, when you say £25 a day, would that be for 24 hours from the pick up time or from midnight to midnight (i.e. morning to evening)?
    Also, do you provide a sat nav? If so, would it be included in the £25?
  • edited 8:10PM
    Hi Gem,

It's for 24 hours from the pick up time. So for example, a lady's just borrowed it now (6.30pm Weds) to go to Kilburn. She's bringing it back at 6.30pm tomorrow (6.30pm Thurs), and that costs £25, not two lots of £25.

If you want it for a shorter period, it's £5/hour. So I guess if you want it for more than 5 hours, you might as well have it for a whole day. I can tinker with the pricing structure, I guess.

Yes, I've got a sat nav, so happy to lend that out for no extra charge.