Letting agents in SG

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited 6:12PM
    Ask for Tom at KFH in CE. He handled my flat. V nice chap.
    Personal experience, misscara, is that this is mainly because turnover of properties is so fast now (few properties, many prospective tenants, internet allows faster property searches), that most places are let by the time they hit the website. letting agents as a result have become even less interested in pulling their finger out, and are happy to go through the motions.

i actually found foxtons (yes, i know!) very good at finding half-decent properties and showing them to me. (all period conversions, however, which i was less interested in) ask for sarah from the islington branch if you end up trying them?
  • When planning to move down to London four years ago we found that we had to spend several days calling into estate agents and dealing with them face to face when booking appointments and looking at property that was becoming available but not yet advertised. They didn't pay much attention to phone calls. We rented through KFH in Islington and found them good. They even met us with the paperwork and keys after hours when we were stuck in traffic whilst moving.
    I can recommend Erika at Drivers at Norris on Holloway Road
  • edited August 2011
    Foxton's are evil. The Devil himself would take a dim view of their practices. They may show you lovely properties (which will be massively overpriced) - they will then charge you about £140 to do your credit check which is approx £50/£60 with other agents. They also ask for six weeks deposit.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    When I moved a couple of years ago, I used Ariston. Chap's name was Stelios. <http://www.aristonproperty.co.uk/index.html>; or email stelios.h@aristonproperty.co.uk
    Do not use Ludlow Thompson. The buffoons at the FP office rented my flat out for less than I instructed them to, forgot to carry out the check-in report but had the gall to bill me for it and inserted a break clause against my wishes which, of course, was to their advantage. They also completely fucked-up dealing with the tenants' deposit and I had to sort out the deposit protection myself. A bigger bunch of scheming, mendacious, incompetent fuckwits I have yet to meet.
    I found my rental at Quest through Find a Property. My landlady finds her tenants via the estate agents but manages the properties herself from then on. This just entails popping round to collect the rent most months and calling up the handyman to come and fix any problems. She just renews the tenancy each year with a standard tenancy agreement. It works brilliantly for both parties. Most agents are a bit useless but I have used Hanley on Hanley Rd in the past and they were slightly less useless than most.
    Agree with the above, we went through KFH and they were great, Ludlow Thompson are useless and aren't above lying to let a flat on their terms.
    Maybe not exactly local agents but i definitely would suggest to avoid Power Lets. I arranged everything with the agent around month before moving in date only to find out that he didnt agree anything with the landlady 3 days before i was supposed to move in!!
    I have justed rented a flat in the Stroud Green area through Davies and Davies. It was a very good experince, on the ball nice to deal with and their fee's are reasonable.
    Please tell me, are you the man with the wonderful pink outfits and car? If so thank you for brightening up several of my dull trips to Tesco!
    We found our place through Michael Morris on Blackstock Road. Whilst the guy who helped us find our flat was a little unusual, the team there who manage our property are absolutely fantastic.

Their fees were very reasonable, they always return calls, and were very helpful during our search.