What is going on?

edited October 2011 in Local discussion
Have the electoral areas changed ? As according to Council & write to them websites , they have . When I moved here in 1980 my area was Hillrise now it is questionable as Councillors never return any communication.Could they be leaving admin on remits to toss into oblivion? Have they been elected?
It appears if you raise issues such as discrimination in many areas they treat you as if a vexatious litigant as dictated to by Complaints Dept . The only way you can raise an issue? They then ignore . Is Islington democratic? . Can't even afford the law if I could get legal assistance would be happy but something very wrong there as well as none of them want to know unless ripping you off ??!!.Yet the LA hires out Courts with its own lawyers to address issues such as Council tax and parking as it doesn't keep appropriate records .

Comments

• edited 10:08AM
    um, julie, don't want to be rude, but if your letters to local Councillors have the same unique approach to English punctuation as your emails, perhaps the local Councillors find them difficult to easily understand.
  • edited October 2011
    JulieShrive

Can I suggest that you reread your message, and perhaps make it clearer?
    I'm quite sure you have a good point; but you didn't really make it.

All the best.
  • edited October 2011
    Local authorities keep lists of people they regard as vexatious complainants and have special ways of dealing with them, usually ignoring them or sending them vague holding letters, promptly herding them out of council premises. (Although not much different to the rest of us). I'm guessing Julie has found herself on one of these lists. Not sure how you get off. Get someone else to advocate on your behalf maybe.
    Andy, could we have a facility for posting to this forum in green ink?