An NHS experience today.....

2»

Comments

• edited 5:00PM
    Was he drunk, mad or just bad?
  • AliAli
    edited 5:00PM
    After many years of improvement it seems like things are getting worse Latest numbers on waiting lists <http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/oct/13/nhs-waiting-times-rise-cuts>; I guess more and more disruption is going to make this worse
    I suspect that you are right. I worry about the future of the NHS and I have been working in it for nearly 22yrs. Too many 'Vastly overpaid Chiefs', and not enough 'of us, working our Bloody Socks off, 'Indians'. There is so much negativity in the media these days about our hospitals, and it breaks my heart. We nurses are getting so much Bloody flack, when the problem is about meeting unrealistic targets, and more and more paperwork.
    I just want to be a nurse. I just want to keep caring for my elderly patients. I want to be the one to wash them and reassure them when they have wet the bed , or worse. I want to be able to continue to talk to them and hug them when they are fretting about their home or their family or pets. I want to continue to hold my patients when they are breathing their last and there is no family around, which I consider is a privilege. I really wish that a member of the Government would change places with me.
    What a nice person you are, Cookie.
  • AliAli
    edited 5:00PM
    Appointments within 48 hours at the Nubi Practice seem to have now been stretched to 7 days ! Any nursing that I have come across at the Whit has been excellent
    I haven't got much faith in Dr Nubi's surgery. My physio decided in July that I needed further treatment from Orthopaedics at the Whittington and duly sent a letter to my GP requesting a referal. Naively I waited thinking that the sugery would send the letter and that in due course I would get an appointment at the hospital. After hearing nothing I made an appointment last week to see the doctor and explained to her what I had come about. She looked in my notes (via the PC) and there was the letter. Clearly it had been read by a doctor as there was a handwritten note at the top, "See me". And that was it, the letter was filed away. No attempt to contact me (or the hospital) so no referal.
    I now have an appointmet at the hospital and my doctor phoned me to say I should also take a copy of the physios letter with me and that she would leave a copy for me in reception. Three days later and there was no letter there.
    I really think that there is a serious communication problem going on here.
    @ checkski, do you know what, your comment made my day, and truly lifted my spirits! Thank You.