It's going to be LOUD.

Comments

• It's always going to be the same best part of 40000 people and 3 bins. It was the same after all the events in the parks for the olympics. The bad behaviour if I see it on the street I will stop it just the same at the concert a few will always try to spoil something for the many.
  • @TheMimsy, I don't remember the Fleadh causing the same sort of issues on the streets. Don't know about in the park itself, as I just sat in the garden! Heard Kirsty MacColl's last live London performance in 2000 - it was lovely. Whatever happened to the Fleadh? Did it move, or does it just not exist anymore?
  • <div><br></div><div>@Vetski,  The Fleadh has stopped altogether (it has not been moved).  I think that the last one was in 2004.  </div><div>They had other festivals at FP like the Respect one (when K.Livingstone was Mayor of London) and the Big Gay Out.  Shame about the Fleadh as I would have loved to see Van Morrison!</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The Fleadh got brought back as The Feis by Vince Power in 2011:</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/mar/09/bob-dylan-london-feis-2011</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But nothing since then. Vince Power's main one Hop Farm has also gone into admin, so not looking rosy in VPower world..</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div>
  • or is that the person you feel?
  • I don't think it's fair to call masses of fans coming to see their favourite band an infestation. I find the hordes of classical music fans that dither about in town because the only time they come to London is the annual visit for the Proms annoying (and I've seen people old enough to know better peeing round the back of the Albert Hall too). I don't care for most classical music because I am a Philistine, but I appreciate that others have different tastes. Not better, or worse, just different. I don't particularly like the Stone Roses but Detritus wanted to go to listen on Saturday so we went, and I enjoyed the atmosphere, wailed along and had a dance. It was jolly and I wish we had something similar one weekend every year.
  • What if the person you feel is older than you, but feels younger.....er.......better not go down that one<br>
  • I'd love for the Backstreet Boys to come to FP. In fact, I think I'll tell them on their FB page and hope for the best. <br><br>Now, I'm going to hide from the stones being thrown at me. <br>
  • We went to the Stone Roses on Friday night, was quality, although ironically considering you could hear them in our garden on Hanley Road on Saturday, the sound needed to be louder in the crowd.<br><br>I suspect that had to do with the wind blowing the wrong way and so the music back to the stage rather than towards the crowd.<br><br>Didn't see any bad behaviour. If you don't provide enough toilets people will simply piss where they can, mostly subtly if they can. This is especially true of blokes if it's a toss up between that and wetting themselves. <br><br>That is a simple fact of life, not specific to the Stone Roses or gigs in Finsbury Park.<br>
  • edited June 2013
    I went on Saturday, and whilst the Roses were far better than I had hoped, that was the lairiest crowd I have been in for a long time. Johnny Marr was good, too. PiL? Meh. 40,000 people had a walk around during John Lydon.<div><br></div><div>But the crowd. Far too many thirty/forty something blokes who were out of practice at that much drink and drugs. The bloke who carefully and discreetly shovelled coke up his nose with his house keys over our bag of chips was a particular highlight.</div>
  • @Stella Everybody/Move your body
  • Andy: that's gross!<br><br>Mirandola: you'd bet if they came. I'm planning on seeing them if they come this year. :-)<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Misscara ;<div><br></div><div>I was aware that Van the Man was playing at FP a few years ago,  but for some reason I missed it...</div><div>Agree that more gigs would be nice!</div><div>I think that people moan for whatever reason about stuff like this: a few years ago even the concerts/pic-nics on Hampstead Heath got stopped ...</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Speaking as one of the moaners... PLEASE, NO! I BEG YOU!!
  • I would be happy to see slayer, sepultura or megadeath play in the park. Love the thought of 40000 middle age speed thrash fans wondering around Finsbury Park.
  • My dream gig Kate Bush.
  • My dream gig David Bowie
  • I second David Bowie, but I'd be also very excited to see the Backstreet Boys.<br><br>Or, which would be super nice, Ludovico Einaudi. Unfortunately, I doubt FP can top the RAH re acoustics.<br>
  • Nice thought, Miss Cara. And my dream gig would be an endofthepier jobbie in Clacton, and me in my deckchair, sucking a Mivvie. You can start passing the hat round for my ticket any time soon. Moaningski. PS. None of you young things remember Mivvies. Sigh.
  • I remember Mivvis - my favourite was strawberry! They got deliciously drippy, much to my mother's annoyance. <div><br></div><div>@Stella, might you be interested in seeing the Backstreet Boys, by any chance?</div><div><br></div><div>Bowie'd be good; also Peter Gabriel, Joan Armatrading, Seal, Amy MacDonald...loads of people I'd love to have in the garden. Loved the reggae thing they had a few years ago. Bob Dylan never again, please.</div>
  • Vetski: what gave it away?<br>
  • @Stella, just a feeling I had; don't know what made me think you'd like them!<div><br></div>
  • I will never be ashamed for liking them. They've got their star on the walk of fame and therefore proved me right. In 1995, when I saw their first video on telly, I said: they'll be big, I know it. They have the tunes, the moves and the looks. <br><br>Gosh do I love to be right.<br>
  • @Stella, stop drooling over your keyboard! They did have a couple of good tunes, though.<div><br></div><div>Wonder if we could get Boney M to reform for the park?</div>
  • I'd love that. Or Abba. Even better.<br>
  • I'd pay good money, bad money and probably sell my soul to see the original line-up of Guns n Roses at FP. Or anywhere.<br>