[...]

edited November 2017 in Reviews

Comments

• While I like the look of it, it's going to attract all those 'trendy' people I can't stand. Terrible crowd in my view. They destroyed the wonderful roof garden I was part of for three years. Who needs coke snorting 'I'm better than anyone else, because I've got a moustache like those in the 80s' people? I'd be surprised if it didn't turn into one of those places.<br><br>Sorry, am a little edgy; the kids downstairs have been at it for hours again!<br>
  • Its basically Oasis Indian buffet, but with tea and cake. "All you can eatski and drinkski for £9". <div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ah, I don't mind moustaches (well, I do, actually, as I'm not a fan of any facial hair), but I don't like those particular people who wear them because it's trendy, or better, I don't like their attitudes. They came in hordes to the roof garden, damaged the plants we carefully planted and looked after; they put out their fags in the beds and left them there, they snorted coke openly, and look down on every person who's not appearing to have jumped straight out of a time machine. <br>Besides, the 80s weren't that cool. Those guys also ride fixies. Urgh! Anything, just as long as it's 'trendy'. I mean live and let live, but a place can really quickly lose its appeal to me of that kind of crowd files in. Anyway, let them have it, it won't go down if I don't go.<br>
  • edited January 2014
    The 80s were great, especially the early 80's. We'd have had no truck with those types in the clubs I frequented.
  • Is Stella some kind of uber-troll? Fantastic reading. 
  • Article about this place in Time Out this week. Sounds good, I'm going to give it a go.
  • Now that's a first.<br><br>Have fun, annie. <br>
  • Whats a 'fixie'??
  • A fixed wheel, single speed bicycle. The rear wheel has no freewheel so the cranks move with the wheel meaning you have to constantly pedal. They are also known as 'track bikes' as that is where they originate from. Popular with cycle couriers in the eighties and nineties they have in recent years become fashionable with the hipster crowd, who can often be spotted failing at their attempted 'track-stands' when waiting at red lights.
  • Are those the ones with no brakes?
  • oh.. thanks for that. Still none the wiser. I'm a biking ignoramus.
  • They usually have a front brake but there is no need for a back brake as you just pedal slower to slow down (or stop pedalling to do a cool skid!)
  • edited January 2014
    I admit I haven't ridden a fixie ... yet. I'd like to try, just to see how I'd manage, but I prefer using my hands to brake as braking with a fixed wheel is going to harm your knees in the long run.<br>I grew up with back pedal breaks, though. First time I rode on a bike with freewheel, I almost crashed. <br><br><br>