Calling the police

Tonight I found myself calling the police for the sixth time in as many years. That seems like an awful lot, doesn't it? So I'm wondering if it's just me.

The first time was when the crack whore who used to live down the street was standing in the middle of the road, naked and screaming at 3 in the morning. At the same time, a man, whose relationship to the woman was never established, smashed through her windows with a 2x4. He then walked off with her TV.

The second time was when a homeless woman was being smacked around by a guy under the railway bridge.

Twice we had to report squatters breaking into the downstairs flat. The owners of the flat asked us to call the police if we ever saw them come back.

And tonight it was because a man was repeatedly kicking a puppy while walking down our street. The poor animal was yelping loud enough for us to hear him over the TV.

I love this area. I feel perfectly safe living here. But 6 times in 6 years?

Oh, and I had a credit card stolen last year, but that was on Blackstock Road, not SG.

Comments

• edited 10:46PM
    Did the police come?
    We did see a police car drive down the street about 10 minutes after we phoned them. I don't know if they ever found the guy. I doubt it. I don't know if it's a waste of police time to have them chasing after mean dog owners, but the alternative was just to let the guy keep kicking the dog.

When I was a kid, I used to imagine having a gun in my bag so that I could pull it out and frighten the hell out of people like that. So you think you're a tough guy 'cause you can kick a puppy? You still feel tough now that I've made you cry and wet yourself? Like that scene in Heathers.

You can tell that I grew up in the States.

Actually, a guy I know played vigilante a couple years ago. He saw a group of teenagers attack a guy and chased them away. The thing is, he's about 6'4". He does kick boxing and some sort of cage fighting.
    We had two policemen on bikes on our road today. The bikes had "police" written on them and all...
    @rainbow_carnage - I think it's worth calling the police (but then I would). i saw a massive bloke punch his dog in the head in hampstead (that place is going downhill) and really regret not doing anything about it. It had refused to come back to him, for some strange reason. Sadder thing was the complete lack of shock from his wife and three children. Bastards.