Polls

edited August 2006 in Local discussion
We have put in a survey function.

We will be integrating this with Haringey and Islington Council's online consultation systems at a later date.

For now, please vote on whether Waffles are Rubbish or Ace.

Busby, I'm facing a bit of a kicking on this one, so I'm expecting you to join me in the "Waffles are Rubbish" camp.

Comments

• edited 3:10AM
    Andy, you're such the politician, voting hadn't even started and you're canvassing for support.
    I'm planning a glorious defeat.
    waffles - promise much, deliver little. Always dry, never tasty.
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:10AM
    I can't believe there are people voting against waffles. You are all wrong.

For waffle lovers, there is a really good waffle place in Bristol Temple Meads station (in the underpass between the platforms, if you're really interested). They are an excellent combination of soft but crunchy on the outside.
  • edited August 2006
    Promise much? they are simple pleasures, to be had at the end of the car wash at Wells Terrace. At what point have they let you down, Fordster? Always dry? You obviously haven't tried one. Never tasty? Have you never stuck your head into a bowl of Nutella?

Either the doubters have forgotten their childhood golden days, or they're Mormons
  • LizLiz
    Why does this always stay at the top of the discussion list even if it's not the last place someone has posted?
    Because it is 'sticky'. And that is the definition of sticky-ness
    Nutella is gross. I agree wholeheartedly with fordy. The smell is wonderfully enticing and they are always disappointing. Much like cakes in general actually.
  • edited August 2006
    I fear your dislike of cake in general is clouding your judgement of the waffles in question. Its a bit like me claiming I don't like savoury food and discrediting every restaurant in the land. Besides, anyone who doesn't like Nutella is clearly quite mad.
  • LizLiz
    Why is Lucy's picture so small. And why can't I see the member list anymore? (Just to reassure you, I love all the new fancy bits on the site so this is not a complaint.)
    the little picture is the icon image. the big picture is the other one. We're generally not happy with this bit of functionality but like the idea of seeing each other. I'm working on a proper script for that bit. God doesn't work in mysterious ways, just very slow processes.
    I like chocolate, I just don't understand why there has to be nut flavour added? Although, peanut M&Ms are nice (or treats as they used to be called). Thinking about it, I think the whole turning vegetarian at 7 years old has rather stunted my palette. Hence my favourite chocolate being drifters and curly-wurlys, rather than posh pralines. That said, Morgan M last night was fan-bloody-tastic.
    Curly-Wurlys are ace. As any chocolate in my plaground nickname's sake would be. Drifters are unforgivable.
  • LizLiz
    David, the waffle haters are growing in numbers. And I have it on good authority that several members who have yet to vote are anti-waffle (yes, it was a discussion topic at dinner last night). What is wrong with them all?
    The silent majority is rising against the noisy minority. Reminds me of GK Chesterton. (Hark at me!)
    Its a real shame Liz. But on the upside, at least we won't have to queue for our special piece of gooey loveliness. And don't worry, I'll just fix it when things go against us. So there.
    I think there's a reason the silent majority is called such. Highly unlikely you'll need to resort to underhand methods, David. Besides which, can't Andy just change them back as well?
    He could. But I could fix it so he couldn't. I'm not sure defending the good name of waffles is really worth the effort.
    andy, I've accorded to your wishes and voted waffles as rubbish. It's not really so easy - what I would say is simply that there are sooo many things better than waffles.
    i think we need UN inspectors to supervise this poll
    I agree there are many things better than a waffle such as fine wine, Morgan M or a sustainable solution to the growing nappy problems of this world, but that's kind of missing where the waffle magic lies. Looks like the po-faced naysayers are starting to win.
    Waffles are whack.
    I think its time to close this and announce the naysayers as winners. Thwarted by Spaniels second visit, first comment. On the upside, it nearly split us 50/50 and not everyone voted, so I'll quietly believe they're still ace.
This discussion has been closed.