Symposium

edited June 2008 in Reviews
Looks like it has shut for good.

How long did it last for and has anyone eaten there? It always seemed empty when I walked past.

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 7:13AM
    Ate there a few times. Nice people and food started out reasonably good. But it was never going to last. Was too big and bright and couldn't get the covers in.

Last time we went in we had the set menu they were using and the standard had dropped considerably. Decided not to go again on that basis. Shame.
  • edited 7:13AM
    We went a few times too. Always good food and friendly staff but so unfortunately empty. Twice we were the only ones in there. Food was bound to suffer as they started cutting corners to survive. The bakery didn't do too well in that unit prior to that either. Sometimes it seems certain units are cursed, no? You see it on high streets all over the place, the one unit that constantly changes hands.
    We went there and had the eat as much as you like option, and so we naturally ordered a fairly wide selection of dishes. We were amazed when each plate they brought us was a full meal, with chips and salad as well. We felt a bit greedy, two of us at a table with six or seven large plates of food around us, and we also felt a bit bad about the waste, especially as we'd already done our best with the enormous bowl of houmus they'd brought us to start. Anyway, that might be another reason for their problems.
    We never did make it to Symposium. It was always empty, which is not a good sign. I had been to the old bakery a few times, and that wasn't good, either. The prices were the same as in the 'proper' bakeries on Upper Street and the like, and the quality a whole lot worse.

There is definitely a market in SG for a good bakery selling decent bread and tasty sweet things. But what's the point of opening up a place that can't even compete with Tesco on quality or price.
    Oh poppet RC. No, I nevermade it to Symposium either, I can't even be arsed spelling it, either. There's a market in SG for a mixed raced load of lvvvvvs, serving sommitz nice. Do bear (bare) in mind that if the silly thing by the other entrance to the parkland walk served hot pastry b4 12 then we'd all be there
    Maybe we'll get another pizza restaurant ... fingers crossed!
    It's turning into Hanoi, a Vietnamese place - there are posters in the window. I'm very happy about this. Hope it's good.
    Fantastic! Symposium was doomed to failure with being so close to Peteks. I can't think of anything I'd rather have there over a Vietnamese. This makes me very happy.
    Hurray!! You've made our day! Fingers crossed that it's great.