New massage therapy place - "Integrated Body Dyamics"

edited January 2010 in Local discussion
I got a flier through the door for that new massage therapy clinic on Ferme Park Road so decided to try it out today. I had a deep tissue massage and it was excellent. I feel like a new woman. everything that was tense/achey feels much looser. And the woman who owns the shop and does the massage is very friendly and kind. And best of all, they've got a 2-for-1 introductory offer on at the moment - any two hour treatments for £45! Usually you'd only get abotu half an hour for that. The treatment rooms are lovely, very clean and relaxing, and instead of towels she's got these snuggly soft fleece blankets. it's right next to Londis, next to the hairdressers. Check it out!

Comments

• edited 5:13PM
    DonnaW - you are relentlessly positive about everyone and everything - it shows in all your posts! How do you do it? What is the secret? Can I have some?
    Lol - thank you. :)
    Go on, tell us something you are really down on or really negative about or something that really annoys you. Be mean and let rip!
    Thanks DonnaW - I got a flier through my door too, and was thinking of trying it out. And now I will. I am mostly relentlessly negative about everyone and everything so I may report back. Just for balance, like.
    cool! go for it! Interesting idea dion, so.... if I was more negative, would it make you happy? hehe
    DonnaW- I just got the 2 hour treatment as a birthday gift. Well excited as I usually can't afford such luxuries.
    I am shocked that this thread has gone seven messages with not a single 'happy finish' joke.
    Taff - if you like deep tissue massage, I really recommend cupping. I had it for the first time there and it was amazing.
    I was going to ask if the massage has a happy ending but I see someone has already made the point.
  • LizLiz
    edited 5:13PM
    Just wanted to second Donna's glowing review for Integrated Body Dynamics - I had a hot stone massage on Saturday and it was fantastic. The introductory offer is amazing value but be quick as you need to have both the treatments before the end of Feb and they're really busy.
  • Had a lovely deep tissue massage this morning. Thank you, Donna, for the recommendation. The place is very nice, and £45 for two hours is a bargain.
    Yes thanks for the recommendation - you should get an even bigger discount for finding them new customers! I had a massage yesterday and have booked my 2nd one for a few weeks time. Really nice people and the whole set up, rooms etc is great.
    Glad you had a good experience. They seem very busy. I'm hoping they'll offer a new sort of discount once the introductory one ends - like block book five sessions for the price of four or something like that.
    Yawww, orfh, ugh, arrrrrrrrr, ouch, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • You looked (relatively) normal last night T-B
    I hope this isn't against the ethos of stroudgreen.org, as I'm part of Integrated Body Dynamics. But @DonnaW, yes we have some discount for bulk buying from 1 March. I won't put the prices down here, as I'm sure that would contravene site ethics. I'll put the prices on our website later today.
    I'd just go for it if I were you jbj, you should see what goes on elsewhere.
    Wow - the power of stroud green dot org! Went in for my final massage as part of the 2-for-1 introductory offer and there on the wall was a sign offering block-booking discounts! Was so happy, I booked some right there and then. It's not quite as good as the introductory offer - £9 off each session is you book ten - but now I've tried it, I'm hooked. And it's nice to think I'm supporting local businesses a bit, I buy enough from Tesco. The guy there - I think it might be JBJ - gave me a bottle of sparkling wine for being the first customer to block-book! I couldn't believe it, I felt like that girl Scarlet Johannson plays in 'He's not that into you'... :)
    Yet another thumbs up - had a deep tissue massage today and it was great. Also, for anyone who might be interested (surely I can't be the only one with a small baby on this site?) they are about to start baby massage classes.
    Did you like HJNTIY Donna? Personally I'm not a fan of that sort of dull ensemble piece, Crash (not the DC one) being a particular pet noire.
    I must admit I did quite like it, tosscat, although my boyfriend - I mean, fiance - absolutely hated it, and laughed at me for liking it... still we can't all like the same things, or the world itself would be a bit dull! :)
    Well you'll be pleased to hear the sequel should be out later this year - HJNTIY Either.
    Hmmm... Id' have called it SJNTIY Either.
    Any recent experiences of Integrated Body Dynamics? Is it still open?
    Special offers?
    Depends what you mean by "special".
    @Slabber
    I believe that the special massages are available on Fonthill Road. IBD is a respectable establishment.
    I'm still going and am still a huge fan. I've had about 7 treatments and they've all been worth every penny. You come out feeling very relaxed. Plus it's a local business not a chain, owned by the therapists that run it. I can't revcomend it highly enough!
    I have had a look at their website and it looks as though it is priced per treatment - some of the treatments say they take 30 mins and others 2 hours - does anyone know if you pay the same price for both? thanks
    I think you'd pay half price for half an hour, and double for two hours, but I'm not 100% sure. They're really friendly so you could give them a ring. If you could book 3 treatments or more you get a discount.
    Thanks for this, DonnaW. I have just emailed them for some advice about which massage to have and hope to go next week. I'll report back. Hopefully I will feel blissful like butter on a hot crumpet :D