Police cordon on Parkland Walk

13»

Comments

• edited 7:32AM
    Your case is surely self-contradictory - if the police only go for soft targets (and personally I think that's probably truer of PCSOs than real cops), then new and draconian laws will only ever be more pretexts on which to bother those soft targets. There's already a failure of enforcement as regards laws which a) exist and b) are sensible, such as pavement cycling.
    What's necessary is instead a change in the culture of policing - ideally letting Judge Dredd, Dirty Harry and Vic Mackey from The Shield loose on the streets of North London.
    And Detective John McClane from Die Hard. And Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes please.
    I don't think DowneyHolmes would get the chance to do much policing in between being mobbed by his adoring public...
  • edited July 2010
    He won't be mobbed...I'll be fending them off with sharp sticks.
    Was a police cordon outside the Red Rose yesterday morning, although that's probably far enough from SGR to not be considered local.
    There were police and ambulances there at around 9pm on saturday night (as i went into Hana to pick up my sushi)