Statistics about Stroud Green

Comments

• edited 7:45AM
    @ ADGS - why would anyone want to look like that twat Alex James?
    I suspect we're working from different first principles. The one man in Britpop cooler than Jarvis, and he went on to make (very nice) cheese!
    Alex James is an excellent sartorial role model for the modern gentleman. I do love Jarvis though, I saw him at St Pancras last week and had a little swoon.
    The jumpers/shirt combo that seems to the source of so much disdain is pretty much all I wear. Except today, as I am that most despicable of things, a bloke in his thirties wearing a hoodie.
    Today I'm wearing a v-neck jumper over a t-shirt. I never had ADGS down as an Alex James type. He looked different on that Woodland walk video he put on here a few months ago. But tis the internet.

Jumper over shirt is actually a nice style if you're not arrogant combined with posh in my humble opinion.
    Ha! I always feel so self conscious when I put my hoody on. I always feel i should run back to the house and don my shirt and sweater - and relax.
  • IanIan
    edited 7:45AM
    I wear my hoodie all the time, and I've rolled past 40. It's warm and practical and I wear it without any hint of embarrassment. Obviously I dread being hugged by the PM when I wear it but I'll take my chances.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Who would wear a round-neck jumper over a shirt? That would be a crass sartorial failure. Like Andy, I almost always don the (v-neck) jumper over a shirt look. I do own a hoody (a Durham University Ultimate Frisbee hoody, no less) but my missus nicked it.
    Great news!
    I just have this nagging feeling Kreuzkav would really take against me if we ever met. My hoodie has Brooklyn written on it. It is not part of a Beckham diffusion range.
    I sport tattersalls with knitted tie under roundneck jumper most of the time. And the collar sometimes just slips out, you can't really help it. That is when I'm not in a suit (creme with esapdrillos on dress-down Fridays). I'm also bloody arrogant, but it's really insecurity. Probably everyone would take against me.
    @ Misscara - are you being disingenuous? Or are you posting from last year?
    The missus emailed me this link the other week, seemingly pleased that all I was missing was the bracelet and the knitted tie. I think Keuzkav would seriously object: <http://www.mrporter.com/intl/essentials.mrp>;
    Misscara - only when out hunting. Why?
  • AliAli
    Do sweaters count as jumpers ?
    I was eyeing up a hooded top a few weeks ago. But I think with spring coming I might go dandy and start wearing a suit and floppy hat with a suitably garish shirt.
    The jumper shirt class war is a perception thing
    I could be easily be labelled posh if dressed that way.

On the other hand my great grandad grew up in a South Wales pit village and was a miner

I reckon almost every photo of him (taken up to the mid 1990s) features him wearing a v neck jumper over a shirt.

He definitely wasn't posh
    Fur coat, no knickers.
  • RoyRoy
    @Misscara: is that a general prohibition on the wearing (by men) of boots on the outside of jeans, or specifically on 'tucking in'? I mean, my preferred style of jeans is such that it would be pretty much physically impossible to wear them outside my boots. Tucking loose-fitting jeans into boots, though, sounds very wrong.

-roy
    @sincers That is one of my favourite expressions.
    Miss Annie, when you say 'favourite expression', do you mean motto?
    My ex always used to say its what she loved about me. Actually, as I think about it, it sounds a lot like she was calling me pretentious. Moi?
  • RoyRoy
    @Misscara: oh dear - I obviously fail to meet the standards of the local fashion police, then!

For my part, I don't really approve of shirts. Or jumpers, for that matter, but particurly not V-neck jumpers. I generally wear a T-shirt in all weathers.

-roy