Sugar Lounge-please respect your neighbours

124»

Comments

• I agree, if a bar/pub closes at 2 am they should serve the last drink at 1.30 am or at least tell people that the place is closing at 2 AM.  Saying that if you want a quick short you could drink it in a few seconds.  If you know the pub is closing at 2am, then you know.  Basically it should be known.  So from now on you know you can't drink past 2am at the weekend and past midnight during the week at Sugar Lounge. 
  • Last night was good but there was a loud row towards the end. About prices I think. The doorman (turns out to be a friend of Rocky from the old chapter one!) handled it very well. He did say to me 'women are the worst' and it was 3 girls doing all the fighting. Chang
  • They seem to have reverted to their preferred opening hours, and are now closing at 1.30am Sunday - Thursday and 3am Friday & Saturday. Which is of course very nice for anyone preferring to stay out that little bit later. <br>
  • I was in there on Monday and they do seem to have new licensing hours, so they're serving till 1am Sun-Thurs, and then drinking up time of half an hour I guess.<br>
  • Their licensing (serving and opening) hours haven't actually changed, though - but when have they ever let a little detail like that stop them?<br><br>Anyone who objects or happens to note their outside-licensing-hours activities should drop an email to katie.tomashevski@islington.gov.uk
  • edited March 2012
    They withdrew their application for the new license I suspect because the objections would have shown that they have broken the law for years.  Do Islington council not automatically check up on these people?  Surely the police or a few ofifcers can drive around doing random checks at least a few times a week to see if they are keeping to their hours.   I know of one manager in another borough who went over five minutes time and lost his job (brewery bar and the guy usually closed bang on time).    I haven't been up late much recently but a few times at the weekend I've noticed them staying open until 3 am when they should be closed at 2 am.  Why care?  Because the later the bar stays open the more loud drunken people it collects from pubs that close earlier.  Sadly, we don't live in European cities where they generally know how to drink outside without being idiots.
  • Islington's Licensing Service PDF (available from website) claims that they are "monitoring licensed premises and events for compliance with licence conditions". Hmm. <br><br><br>
  • The last two or three weeks have been bliss. For a silly moment, I thought that Sugar Lounge had got its act together and were keeping control of their patrons. Not so. It was probably just the cold weather. <div>Last night there were a few people outside TALKING LOUDLY until 3 am. I expect that this will become a daily occurrence as the weather gets warmer.</div><div>I've had enough. There is only one solution - one which Anne Brothers has mentioned to me several times - and that is to apply for a revision of their licence to normal pub times. I  can see that there are a number of other people who are equally fed up as I am. We need to organise a petition. Also, I will start to keep an audio-visual record of the goings on outside SL as evidence that can be taken to the licensing committee.</div>
  • I was thinking this morning about a petition, although SL has so much support on here - but clearly something needs to be done, as the Licensing department are very aware of SL's transgressions but have yet to take visible action. (SL appear to have started doing lock-ins as well - this is just getting silly). <br><br>I've been keeping a log of their closing hours if that will help.
  • I love the SL and hope it stays open. Chang
  • Then do your bit to help SL comply with its license so that it doesn't get closed down?<br>
  • To whoever is managing the Sugar Lounge now, I appreciate you have been a lot better than you used to be with respect to noise but can you please keep to your promise in taking in the tables at 11 pm.  There were people with drinks on the table at 11.45 tonight.  There wasn't much noise due to the rain but you are getting more and more relaxed about taking in the tables and from my reading of your licence you're legally obliged to not allow drinks outside past 11pm.  If this persists complaints to the council will be forwarded from both myself and other neighbours.  I hope this isn't necessary and you will respect the 11 pm rule.  Thanks.
  • Maybe contact Sugar Lounge direct?
  • @ joe.  I have.  
  • I'm definitely having my birthday at Sugar Lounge. Dress code: jumpers and shirts. Smokers must sit outside playing the drums, with breakfast the next morning at Season.
  • Season doesn't open for breakfast, BBM?
  • I thought Sugar Lounge is looking quite good with the tables outside, the cycle and  few plants.  Brightens  up that little patch with Chapter 2 looking a bit grim and Sparks closingdown.
  • Yes it looks like Paris. Btw went to the Mexican for lunch and it was good. Really lovely waitress gave me free cup of tea.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.