Breakfast is served !

2»

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 1:27AM
    @andy - only when there comes a time to though.
  • edited 1:27AM
    I don't like where this is going.
  • IanIan
    @Arkady. I don't know that one - could you hum it?
    I like baked beans with my breakfast. And I would kill for a good breakfast burrito within walking distance of home.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Misscara - the tomato juice makes me feel unwell. If I see one seeping into the rest of my breakfast I have to whip it off the plate quickly to prevent further contamination. Where do you stand on grilled halloumi in a breakfast?
    Cheese is not breakfast food! It's got to be meat. Sausage, bacon, black pudding. Eggs if you like and a few mushrooms. No pressing need for tomatoes as you get your vitamins from the Bloody Mary.
  • I like a fried potato product with my Eggs Florentine. Home fries are the best, but hashbrowns would do.

A Bloody Mary must contain horseradish. The hot kind, not the creamy kind you put on meat. I also add jalapenos and fresh coriander, but that's not to everyone's taste.

Buck's Fizz is the poor man's Mimosa. Let's not be stingy with the bubbly. And, of course, the orange juice must be fresh.

Can't wait to check it out. A nice Hollandaise will get me through the door every time.
  • sgcsgc
    Never knew there was a difference between a Mimosa and a Buck's Fizz before.

Would also be interested to know if there is a veggie version of the full English planned, and whether the chef is any good at poaching eggs...
    This is VERY exciting news - as a stroud green antipodean, decent brunch/breakfast is one of the things i miss the most (although many local cafes are doing this now). I agree with the others - a good eggs benedict is hard to find and is also one of my favourites. Very excited about the French toast too - try adding a lightly fried banana to it (goes surprisingly well with bacon and the maple syrup) - don't knock it till you've tried it. I've never tried your coffee - but if you get that right too, I'll be there every weekend. Never underestimate the power of good coffee - put your staff on a barista course, if you haven't already. See you next weekend!
    Pleased to say that I think we were the first ever customers. It was good.
  • If you were ever lucky enough to have breakfast at Manolis (sadly no longer open) then Halloumi was a very tasty addition to their cooked breakfast.
  • IanIan
    @Don';t Look Now - I had lunch at Manolis just about every day for three years. We used to call it Harry's though, as that was the name of the guy who did front of house. Loved it there.
    I managed Sunday lunch today, but not breakfast... sorely tempted by that Eggs Benedict though, maybe next Saturday.
    I am in here now. Coffee was good. Whether a Full English can function without baked beans remains to be seen. Not even an option! Worrying.
    Not yet, we're planning to trial Saturdays for a while and then extend to Sundays once we get a good following.
    domnextmen, I guess we can keep a tin in the back for cases such as this! glad you liked the coffee.
    Thanks! The full English was very good. £7. Clean and tasty, not greasy. Sunblest style square white bread but thats good. Nice sausage and button mushrooms. Friendly service. My gf had the salmon and scrambled egg on brown bread, she said it was delicious.Will be taking u up on the offer of beans!
  • IanIan
    When there for breakfast with B and kiddo. As @domnextmen describes it, very nice. Good quality ingredients, and nice to have a breakfast in a calm atmosphere given the Dairy space. Will definitely be going back. If the Dairy put the kids mats down on a Saturday I'd predict a lot of custom ...
    ...and a loss of any semblance of calm atmosphere. No way I'd go if it was packed with pushchair people. Not want I want with a nice Saturday morning hangover breakfast.
  • IanIan
    @missannie totally understand, but we would hide in the sun room. Plenty of room in the rest of the place for others.