rainbow nursery

edited September 2011 in Local discussion
I have seen the Ofsted report of the rainbow nursery and it is very bad, yet it does say that most of the parents of children there are happy with it. I would have thought that was the most important thing. Does anyone have children there? Can they tell me what they think of the place.

Comments

• I haven't, but know several people who have, and they're all very happy with it.
  • edited 8:23AM
    Hi. We use Rainbow nursery and are very happy with it. Used it for my son now 5 and my second son now goes. Staff are fantastic and I nor any friends I know have ever had any concerns and it was a dramatic improvement from the private one we originally used. The terrible Ofsted ( inadeqate rating) is rather confusingly for the Children Centre Provision as a whole which is based on the same site as the school ( this refers to community outreach and other services that they should have been providing) and not the actual nursery provision. The main school has also had its ofsted and was given a 'satisfactory' rating with some 'good' aspects while its ' Tree Tops' breakfast and afters school care got overall 'good' - all very confusing I know. Rainbow Nursery has not had its Ofsted yet but has been assessed as good by Haringey Council . Hope that helps. Best thig to do is go and see it for yourself
  • AliAli
    edited 8:23AM
    It seems from the latest Ofsted Report that SG Primary hasn’t really improved very much since the last time in the eyes of the inspectors. It has the same stuff in it about poor management, overly complicated monitoring in the classroom etc. The Governors seem to get mentioned quite a lot which surprised me. Satisfactory is one off the bottom you can only get Inadequate as a lower score s o I think this is all very disappointing. It got the same score in 2008. Looking back further the school has definitely improved since 2003 when it was struggling so that is good but is probably related too much higher education budgets which will have been hitting the education system at about that time going forwards. For those interested the Ofsted Report can be found here http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/131096 An independent rating of the schools around here can be found at http://www.findmyschool.co.uk/results.aspx It is probably using the last report but I don’t think anything in the new one will push the school up. I like the school and think it does a reasonable job in the circumstances it has to deal with. Rainbow when we used it was very good so have no complaints about that. It’s a shame that it doesn’t seem to have the were with all to drag itself up to a higher level of achievement. If it gets more resources per pupil if the inner/outer London issue is sorted out it will be able to spend more money which will help tremendously.
    Our daughter was at Rainbow and left 2 years ago- we'd previously had her at a private nursery. There was no comparison - Rainbow was excellent. The head of rainbow whose name I forget - Asian woman who wore a hijab was super - she was always on top of what each individual child was up to and you could tell she really loved her job.

The main school gets mixed reviews but I cannot recommend Rainbow enough. You get well qualified experienced teachers working there (other than gum chewing teenagers in the private sector) who actively try to structure the play and from what we saw are kind and responsive to the children's needs. Precisely because it is a state nursery you know you are getting really weel qualified people.

The key thing with nursery level is that the people looking after your nipper are actually engaging with them - at Rainbow they did. If we had been as confident about the quality of the main school I am sure we would have wanted to keep her there.

Really good - you'll do really well with rainbow.
    Our son has been going to Rainbow for a year now. It's really is a fantastic nursey and the staff are wonderfull. I can't say enough good things about it. Our youngest will go there next year too.

We previously used the Asquith nursey behind Upper Tollington and it was poor. And twice the price too.

P.s. delaware - the lady you mention is Nasra.
    My daughter went to Rainbow 2009/10. It was great. Nasra and Ellie (her keyworker) are lovely.
    Thank you so much for your feedback it has been very helpful.
    Also try Holly Park on Crouch Hill - its a private montessori and is great. I think you can get vouchers for it until the age of 3 or 4.
  • <P>Just to update you, Rainbow Nursery had an OFSTED recently and was given a 'good' rating in every category, confusingly the report is listed as Stroud Green Children Centre Early Years Inspection Report Novemebr 2011(not the other children centre report that was poor, see discussions above)</P> <P> </P>
  • Rainbow is brilliant. Lovely staff and a lovely atmosphere. My three year old son goes there. Yes - not so sure about the school though, not heard such great things. <br>