Men Only

edited November 2011 in About this site
My girlfriend's gym closed and she was told it was going to be a men only place, presumably a boxing kind of hang out. She was going to move anyway as it was increasingly run down, (but cheap) though the classes were good. She has gone to the one on Hornsey Road which is a bit far for me, but apparently OK. Anyway I thought I'd check out the said Paradise, as I have put on a few pounds since my bike was nicked and see myself as a champion kickboxer (in my dreams) . Well I Googled it, and I am grateful I did. This review paints quite a picture. Yoooo.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/paradise-spa-london

Comments

• The comment about cruising in the Park surprised me - I remember seeing a lot of that behaviour when I first moved to the area, but haven't seen anything of the sort in years.
  • Chang, I have visited the new spa twice now, and the review posted on 'yelp' is very unfair and inaccurate. In my opinion this has been posted in a public forum to cause mischief; possibly by another similar business or somebody with a homophobic grudge.
    I can assure you that in the correct forums on gay social networking sites there are 100's of good reviews and warm comments.
  • Here's a serious question. I like saunas, very much in fact. Nothing sorts out my aching back and shoulders (I have terrible posture) quite like dozing in a steam-room. I very rarely get to do this, as I despise the thought of going to the gym, so it tends to be a holiday-only thing.

Now I know almost nothing about specifically gay saunas. Can those in the know tell me whether, as an extremely liberal but also legendarily heterosexual man, I might be able to visit this new sauna without the fear of being fisted without so much as a howdyado? I don’t know the etiquette, but I do look *great* in a small towel.
  • Don't go. Seriously, just don't.

Nobody will make you do anything you don't want to. It's not a rape den, my dear.
    However you will probably find yourself looking at the floor, trying to avoid eye contact or constantly telling people that you are not interested in anything other than a nice steam. Chances are they will try and suck you off anyway and if they don't, you will certainly witness others being wanked, sucked and possibly fucked in front of your very eyes. Fisting usually not conducted in communal areas SO I HAVE HEARD.

But if you're feeling brave or fancy experimenting on the skin flute- why not try it?
  • I see. I’m clearly naïve.

Being gay sounds fun though, congrats.
  • Nearly all my female friends whinge and wish there was something like this for straight people.
    Maybe in the next 100 years we will have evolved to stop thinking that women with sex drives are worthless sluts.
  • edited November 2011
    Pass me their details; I can probably rig something up in my bathroom.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Torture Garden is hardly as casual, though is it Misscara?
  • edited December 2017
  • There's Rio's in Kentish Town which apparently is like that but for straight people. Can't vouch for it as it's not my cup of tea so I've never been but it's there if you fancy dabbling. And I imagine it's more spacious than your bathroom Arky. I have been to Torture Garden though and no, casual is not exactly the word I'd use.
  • Is this a family website?
  • You're my wife now Chang.
  • Is this what used to be called swinging ?
  • As much I am loath to steer this thread away from the drip-drip of revelations about stuff-misscara-knows-but-appears-reluctant-to-write-candidly-about-on-a-public-access-forum, if you want homophobia we can give you some homophobia: http://www.alansangle.com/?p=851 (published as an article in today’s edition of The Church of England Newspaper)
  • Loving this thread. Beats talking about plumbers or pizza any day!
  • i am not homophobic because i am not scared of my home misscara and miss annie,you both seem to know an awfull lot about the naughty night time antics of some people,i hope for your own sake that you two ladies are not involved in immorality,i will pray for you both to hope that you are not dragged into the world of sin,although as i don't believe in God i can't guarantee that it will be effective,i once went to a tarts and vicars party,but i can't remember if i went dressed as a tart or a vicar.i am afraid barnesbq may be setting a bad example for sg folk. barnesbq,i did find your comments unnecessarily crude,i am afraid.if you find this patronising well i am afraid you do seem a trifle oversensitive old boy,no need to be a drama queen old chap.i don't believe most other gays would be this crude/rude,not at all.in fact they would probably make an effort to be a lot more polite,i think.please don't lower the tone of this forum barnesbq,we like to maintain standards on sg.org
  • And the prize for the biggest troll of this forum goes to.......
  • edited November 2011
    barnesbq,as someone who calls for tolerance of diversity with regards to the gay community,you seem remarkably quick to label or stereotype others from another community as a "troll" - a trifle hypocritical perhaps,but maybe the simple and obvious logic of this will go over your head.Perhaps some of the people who claim to be the most liberal people are in fact the opposite when it comes to things they don't like. is it a case that if on stroudgreen.org you come from one type of "community" you get banned like slabber did,but if you come from another community you get to stay and play? the words pot,kettle and black spring to mind
  • Where's the <b>Ignore</b> button?
  • Another vote for an Ignore button.
  • barnesbq's (original) comment is the most enlightening I have read on this forum for some time! Probably the most informative since Krappyrubsnif unearthed the Stroud Green badge.
  • edited November 2011
  • Hello ChrisN4 Please don't pray for my soul, that ship has long since sailed Ta ta Miss A
  • @emine: Don’t ask what exotic sexual ordeals krappy had to undergo to find the badge. It was like a cross between Indiana Jones and Deep Throat.
  • <P>"or at home working on my knitting"</P> <P>is that a euphemism</P> <P>so thats what they call it these days is it</P> <P>quite outrageous what people will say on an internet forum these days,im shocked...</P> <P>mary whitehouse would be spinning in her grave, gawd bless her</P> <P>"i was able to glean first hand insights"</P> <P>oh yes...enough said...as the actress said to the bishop</P> <P>"without necessarily being part of the action"</P> <P>methinks the lady doth protest too much</P> <P>i think both misscara and missannie and other ladies on this forum know alot more than they are letting on...</P> <P>spank you very much</P> <P>fanks gov</P> <P>carry on</P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P> </P>
  • Misscara, shame, was thinking "swinging deviance" might make a very entertaining talk to the SGWI once it's up and running...perhaps with some 'Knit your own toys' patterns.