Most expensive soft drink in SG pub

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Now that's one place you will find heavily overpriced drinks - ski holidays<br>
  • <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->So your personal experience of this 'old chap' is that he is a 'mild mannered gentleman who wouldn’t say boo to a goose'  Fair enough, but I have to say that I have visited the OD regularly in recent months and have most certainly not encountered anything but polite, friendly staff. <br><p class="MsoNormal"> I actually find it hard to believe that this occurred based on my experiences. <br> <br> I am going to make the assumption, based on your comments that you and this 'old chap' are both stuffy old gits who are over sensitive and probably enjoy it when something like this occurs, then you can have a good moan while heavily exaggerating and embellishing it. You would probably be better off staying at home together, where you can drink tea and whine about the state of society and the attitude of the youth.</p>
  • Being friends with both people Gifferd is referring to I was going to rise to that last ridiculous comment based on 'assumptions', but I can't actually be arsed. The same as I can't be arsed with this forum any more where every thread has to denegerate into some stupid slanging match.<br>
  • Based on your comments @Gifferd I would make the assumption that you are prejudiced against people older than you, unwilling to listen to views that aren't exactly the same as your own and are lying about the service you had. That would be rather narrow minded, not to mention bad manners, though so I'll take your word for it that you've had good service and the word of people that I know in real life that they haven't.
  • <P>Are all gits old ?</P> <P>I do get annoyed in the OD and Noble with the large heads they put on real beer.  It is obvious in a tall glass so why should I have to ask for  a top up  I don't want to buy foam !</P>
  • <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->I’m not trying to engage in a slagging match. I am simply given my opinion based on my own experiences. That’s the point of a forum such as this isn’t it?<br><p class="MsoNormal"> <br> I am absolutely not prejudiced against anyone, let alone people older than me. However I think it’s only fair that when an example of bad service at the Old Dairy is given I can counter that by stating that I myself have received very good service there. As a person who values the good service I have received there and at other businesses in SG I think it would be wrong of me not to share those thoughts. <br></p><p class="MsoNormal">I doubt very much if I am the only person who thinks the encounter your friend had was either a misunderstanding or a serious misrepresentation of the actual scenario.</p>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You could have made that same point and shared thoughts in respect of the good service at the OD without being a dick about it. </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; ">And yeah, I appreciate the irony. </span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Personally, I've never found the service in OD particularly unfriendly, but I always get served quicker at the stapleton, which therefore gets my regular custom. </font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I don't like the service at the Old Diary so I never go there anymore... just my opinion </font>
  • Thanks for your opinion ActionVerb. That's what this is for after all. Dicks go to all the best places you know!
  • Anyone fancy talking about good service they have had and good places they have been in SG? Would be alot more useful to all of us....
  • The Fullback staff all seem to have very good bar-sense - even when it gets busy they seem to deal with the crush quickly and in appropriate order.<br>
  • edited May 2012
    I'm pretty sure most of the comments on the Old Dairy here would be filed under constructive criticism. The general feedback being: good pub, tries a little too hard to be trendy and needs to trim its prices as they are very expensive for a pub. Overall though very glad it's there.<br><br>In response to your request though. Places I have had good service in the SG area recently: The Old Dairy; The Stapleton; Porchetta; Piccolo Diavalo; Tony's Butchers; Stroud Green Convenience Stores (halfway up just past Porchetta) Stroud Green Fruit & Veg; new little supermarket on corner of Hanley Road and Hornsey Road; Ajani.<br><br>I've probably missed some out but that leads me to remember that overall Stroud Green is a great example of how good customer service and independent businesses can still thrive.<br>
  • Hornsey Road edition of the same: Ajani's, With Love, Libertea, Hamlet, Hadron Cycles, Deti's Deli, Deja Vu.
  • And I forgot, of course, Petek and the ever wonderful welcome there - had a fantastic meal, loaded up with little extras, yesterday evening.<br><br>
  • <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Great to see the comments about good places. <br><p class="MsoNormal"> I agree with Papa, Patek is a fantastic restaurant, great service, good value and huge portions. I’m a huge fan of the Pizzas at Vanezia too although the place is a bit too small to dine in.<br> <br> I think the OD is a little expensive for a pub however there are cheaper places (Weatherspoons) in the area if people choose. Without wanting to sound like a snob, the prices of drinks in there most likely help to keep the all day drinker/drunks out and the crowd I usually see waiting outside Weatherspoons at opening time.</p>
  • <P>A crowd outside WLM at 8am when it opens ?</P>
  • @ Ali.  I crashed at a friends house a few months ago and we decided to get some breakfast at a Wetherspoons round the corner from him.  It was about 8am on a Saturday morning and we were amazed at the amount of people drinking beer at that hour.  We only had coffees with our breakfast.
  • I preferred the olden days when it was only the pubs in Smithfield or similar places that served alcohol before lunch time.
  • While we're complaining about local pubs - was in the Woodbine for the first time in ages last night, and I don't recall them having screens, but now they have two! Just to make extra-sure that no corner of the pub is unsullied by the footballism. Are there any pubs in the area with no TV screens whatsoever? If so, I suspect they will be sorely needed in this summer of sp*rt.<br>