Best/worst things about Stroud Green

13»

Comments

• Jeremiah Weed is an odd drink. The ad campaign suggests to me that Jeremiah is an irritating younger cousin of Jack Daniels, and the drink itself tastes oddly gloopy and far more like an alcopop than I'd expected.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • just to cheer everyone up.. I was born in hanley road (I'm cured now)<br><br>when our landlord died in 65 he offered the outlying properties to the tennants at about 1/2 market value..<br><br>we bought 148 hanley rd in 65 for £3300... we renovated and lived in the whole house (after the tenants left with a golden goodbye of £500) until 69.<br><br>we offered the house to the council who wanted to convert it to flats (I see their proposed fire escape the full height of the back of the house was never built (thanks google)) but they said it was too expensive at £7000 (their valuation) and we sold for £7500 in a few weeks.<br><br>I hate to think of its current value.<br>
  • I agree Jeremiah Weed is an odd drink, but strangely moreish (especially the one with ginger).  <br><br>Maybe I'm just an alcopop fan at heart.....<br>
  • "we bought 148 hanley rd in 65 for £3300" *cries*<br>
  • No reason to be scared of Bottle Apostle.  I've had a few great bottles from there, Portuguese especially.  Not much there at the £5 mark, granted, but more goes in tax than in the bottle at that money.  Well worth a try.
  • New big hair shop and Italian in Tollington park - shows the area is throbbing . Chang
  • Jacks is awesome. Went in and said - I'd like a nice bottle of champagne and am prepared to spend £20 to £30, not trying to impress anyone with a label but just want a nice tasting bottle to celebrate something with my other half. He sold me one for £10.99. Awesome.
  • Good to know Don. It always looks a bit dusty and we get tins from the Fallback but I wi check it out on your recommendation . Chang