The New Old Dairy

1235»

Comments

• edited 3:21AM
    Hey injoke,

We promoted the easter weekender in house....you may have seen one of our thousands of flyers. Did you make it down to any of the nights? x
    Did you know that the local Greens are now using the Old Dairy for a monthly social 'Green Drinks' for anyone who lives in the area? I went to the first one on April 20th and there were a couple of big tables occupied by a mix of ages - bearded and non-bearded! It was a chance to talk about Stroud Green community concerns to a very receptive audience. The Greens seem really determined to make an impact in the area. Why not check them out at the next Green Drinks on Monday 18th May....? They will be announcing which candidates have been selected to stand in Stroud Green for next year's local elections. Could be interesting.....

Anna B
    Anna, got any Green feeds we could add to the politics page for the area?
    I went to try the restaurant out after all the positives here.
    The food was only OK. My spinach was switched over to beans without any comment or acknowledgment of the change. Partner's risotto was crunchy and very undercooked.
    There was no "old fashioned" commitment to the customer being right just an endless lecture from the waitstaff about the fact that that was the right way to cook it. I won't be rushing back there in a hurry. Sorry about the football though. That wasn't me.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi Jeremy,

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience -
    Would you consider giving us another chance? Meal for two on us?

Lizzie
    @lizzie - Whilst it's admirable that you're keen to make amends, if you're going to hand out free meals to everyone on this site who has had lippy service over the last couple of years, you're going to go bankrupt! By this logic, I reckon I must be due at least four free meals, though the last time I ate there it was good.
    It was a table of 7 when we got refused butter wasn't it, Andy? My pint glass was absolutely filthy last Thursday too, Andy as my witness. Free pint?
    that was *minging*
    but still we go
    @lizzieN2 If you really are serious that would be very, very nice thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    Jus' tellin' it like it is, damok. I can praise in return for free beer, too.
    Did we miss a whisper, here?
  • edited May 2009
    [been asleep for 2 months]

@Andy, March 5th... But what about "One Love"?
    Also, interview with Squire way back, he said Fools Gold drums were a looped sample. Broke my heart, that did.

Yes, agree, Reni the coolest. Was it Smash Hits? interview where he's asked "what's your most treasured possession?" - "the purity of my soul". MANIAC!!
    I had a sunday roast in there last week and really enjoyed. Nice pink beef, well-cooked veg and a lovely yorkshire pud. Washed down with a nice pint of ale.

Thumbs up from me.