Social?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Yes.  But I'm not around until after Glastonbury.  'Cause I'm going to Glastonbury.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, but not this weekend. A tad busy. <br>
  • Could it start of an afternoon?
  • Not sure. Will most probably going to the death fork rally on the 6th of July. But doesn't mean you can't meet. I'm sure nobody will miss me. Was never there before, after all. :-)<br>
  • Agreed on location, but I can't do any Saturday for the foreseeable.
  • Agree on location, too.<br>
  • edited June 2013
    You mean Miss Annie and I have to walk up all of Moray Road? That's acceptable.
  • Friday 5th sounds good to me.
  • Good , it will be good to check out this joint again after all these conflicting reports about cider pumps, footie etc. Pity the dance hall got pulled as Miss CAra could have demoed her break dance routine ! (Joke ! before you all reach for your WI knitted guns). The other option is to go to Parko - Jez makes a warm welcome and the theatre dog is friendly if you give him a sandwich. Chang
  • Great I can make that too.
  • That's interesting spike
  • I'm producing a show at Bernie Grant Arts Centre on 5 - 7 July, and at Lion & Unicorn Theatre on 14th - can we not do it on those dates, please? I'd like to come along too!<br>
  • Or you could come over to Bernie Grant and do the social there :)<br>
  • The last social was......limited in attendance. What are the prospects for a rip-roaring all-singing all-dancing attendance this time?
  • I spy three hands raised for the 5th. <br>
  • <P>I've not been to one yet, I'm never free on the chosen date. Won't be around for this one either but I hope it is rip-roaring!</P> <P>.</P>
  • I possibly can't do the 5th, but I also hope it's going to be a great evening for you guys. <br>
  • How would I be treated if I turned up?
  • edited June 2013
    Just like everyone else I imagine. As long as you approach everyone with no preconceptions and an open mind, they'll approach you in the same way.
  • I doubt it. I've been treated as second class because I live in social housing and complained about a bloody pub that was acting illegally.   I'll hang my head and say I did go on about it too much but...
  • Ouch. That was a mistake, Kreuzkav. As long as you go on expressing your resentment on this site you will put people's backs up. You'd do better to take Miss Annie's advice.
  • edited June 2013
    @ Checkski.  What I resent is these school mams telling me I should know my place.  I work, and the only way I can afford a flat is  social housing as a single income person. I'm in my 40s and lived in shared housing most of my life until I reached my mid 30s apart from a few years with and ex girl-friend.   I won't cower.  I have every right to complain and I know I went on and on about Sugar Lounge but they were wrong and sold very powerful cocktails and left people out late at night causing lots of noise to both social and mostly private housed people.  They've gone now and it's all good.  I just hate the way this country is turning into a conservative non-public service country.  I don't want to pay loads of rent to a rich kid landlord who uses it as easy money while the rest of us slog our guts out working with very little to show for it.  Even on social rent I don't have that much left over.  I don't run a car, spend very little on clothes and entertainment, don't have an i phone or pet.  I'm still bloody poor, but I'm fairl<span style="font-size: 10pt;">y happy and don't feel hard done by. Social housing is one good thing in my life and I'm glad that post war Britain cared, now the current shower just care about helping the middle-class. And I consider myself aspiring that I got off my ass and begged and waited many years for my social housing flat.  I didn't fit any special category as I'm a white, straight male with no children.  You could have done the same.  </span><div><div><br></div></div>