Social?

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dude, no one cares if you home is rented privately or socially, stop yapping on about it.
  • That was probably the effects of the supermoon last night.... <br>
  • I'd like to apologise about yesterday.  I was out of order and even surprised myself with my outbursts  I wan't to thank you all for being lovely people and keeping this great site going. However, it's time I distanced myself from it and got back to being the nice caring guy I always was.   I am in general on an even keel, sorting my life and happy at the moment but still have my moments.  <div><br></div><div>Apologies to Arkady too, as I think he's a good man despite our run ins.  Bye all!</div>
  • Bye Kreuzkav, Hope you feel better soon.
  • Oh yikes. I hope you feel better soon too Kreuzkav. <div><br></div><div>I believe Kreuzkav may be quite a vulnerable person and it might be good for people to remember this. However antagonistic you find him, surely it's better to rise above it and be a little kinder. </div><div><br></div><div>I suspect his "outbursts" have little to do with his feelings about social housing or class or anything else, and more to do with other issues that are going on in his life. </div>
  • Sounds like the social will be a right hoot
  • What's with the pissing contest kids?
  • Ok . Dumb question - what IS social housing? Council block or housing association flat? Presumably someone in private rented but paid by benefit is in same boat? Why is everyone so fussed about this? I live in overpriced private flat in a street that is sleepy but regularly stinks cos of hygiene failures. I feel I would rather be in council place sometimes - cheaper , no smell etc. No problem Ps Daily Mail is perfectly decent paper IMHO Chang
  • Peter Crumb - don't worry, we're just experiencing a throwback to all of the infighting before @andy';s intervention. Something to do with the Super Moon and all that, no doubt. <br>
  • That was exactly the point, no one at all actually cares where anyone else lives. Social housing is usually council or housing association. Basically somewhere ehere rent is subsidised in some way by someone else - not always the taxpayer. There is some beautiful social housing in Mayfair that I'd love to live in.
  • edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You know the red cape, shirt with SG on it and pants over blue tights. Works every time when it gets out of hand at chaps n dames (fights) or WI (screetching). Chang
  • You know, when Andy very wisely removed a couple of particularly offensive people and their posts and imposed the curfew. Amazing that it doesn't need to happen more often really.
  • I rather liked @Detritus'; intervention this time round - taking the housing conversation onto a less fraught thread,
  • I didn't think it was still on, no one's said anything about it in ages.
  • I hadn't been able to access the site for a couple of days (kept getting that infuriating 'Bonk' page - no, Vanilla, your failure to operate is not 'funky'), so figured I might as well go along as, even if nobody else was there, I could at least have a read and a pint and check out the new pub. Nobody else was there, or at least nobody who looked a likely candidate.
  • Ooops. It was yesterday, wasn't it? I keep thinking it's today. Ha. Oh well. Next one, perhaps.<br>
  • We are all just avatars of ourselves. None of us exist.
  • Meanwhile, if anyone's free tomorrow (Sunday) evening and/or fancies watching a dance show, it's the final evening of my contemporary dance festival at Bernie Grant Arts Centre, starting at 7.30pm (finishing at 9.50pm). We've had really good lineups so far, so tomorrow should be a great night. <br><br>Plus, there's a duet by @vetski';s former teacher Raymond Chai (the unofficial tagline for this festival is "Everybody Loves Raymond) - I had to get that plug in!<br><br>Details & tickets from www.cloud-dance-festival.org.uk<br>
  • @harpistic, haven't bought a ticket yet - can I get one on the door? Thx.
  • /me checks back in to see what's going on at sg.org...  Greetings from the bright lights of N7... :-)<br><br>Will definitely try and join you guys for a social if/when I am free....<br><br>roy<br><br><br>