Socal housing V's the bourgeois elite.

2»

Comments

• I would never buy a flat. What if you're neighbours are shite (like mine have been in the past four years)? Then you're stuck. Or you can let, but it's too much of a hassle for me. <br>If I were looking to buy, I'd buy an old factory or warehouse and convert that. With super insulation for the winter and sound proofing to shut out neighbours. Don't get me wrong, I love London for its vibrancy (is that even a word?), but as soon as I enter my home, I want to be able to relax. <br>
  • edited July 2013
    Factories don't come cheap and are wicked to heat. and think of the cost of curtains Stella. What's wrong with your neighbours btw? Are u in Lorne Rd? Chang
  • edited July 2013
    My neighbours don't seem to know that people are sleeping at night; they love to come home and slam the doors at 1am. And they love bringing home some guests at the same time, then laughing till the early morning hours. That's flat shares for you. Three people in a 1-bed flat. <br>And I'm over talking. In revenge I'll slam my chair onto the floor and slam the doors in the mornings, but they just don't get the message. As usual. People who are loud, aren't disturbed by others who are loud. At least that's my experience. I'd be suitably embarrassed if I'd disturb someone so much that they can't sleep. <br><br>And no, I'm not in Lorne Rd. but not far away: Tollington Park.<br>
  • You probs know my family who live up there. Chang
  • Not that I know of. Are you related to the family of the Blackstock Rd. DIY shop? They're lovely. Quite a few Chinese around here. Suits me well, I do have a soft spot for them.<br>
  • edited July 2013
    Ah not me, tho I know them slightly. You must meet my ex sister in law Dorcas, she is crazy and a great cook. Not Chinese but smooth in apperarence . Lives in Tollington Park and loves it. Chang
  • Sounds good. I love eating and people who are laid back. :-) Not too sure on the crazy side, as it really depends on the level. <br>