Don McCullin

Good documentary on Don McCullin and his 60s photos of the gangs of Finsbury Park, BBC 1.    It'll be on iPlayer - worth watching.<br>

Comments

• First few minutes on Finsbury Park and "The Guv'nors of Seven Sisters Road" are well worth watching. Great line- "It was amazing I managed to escape from Finsbury Park"!
  • that's great - thanks for posting<br>
  • Self promotion, I know, but I wrote about a Hornsey Road picture of his here: http://thehornseyroad.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/i-should-have-gone-barmy-if-id-been.html?m=1
  • Thanks for this. Unfortunately your link to the photo no longer works. I like your blog (what I've seen of it.) I had to do a talk about blogging recently which was weird as I don't have a blog. Where do you find the time?
  • Weird, I just checked and it seems to work. The host website had some fancy stuff going on so perhaps that's causing the problem. As for finding the time, I do sometimes wonder why I invest so much energy in writing about a neglected street, but I am much happier when I have a research project on. Finding the time to import olive oil would be tough.
  • Does anyone know where he lived? I read somewhere Fonthill Road, but not sure. Think a blue plaque is deserved!<div><br></div><div>In fact, I would love to see a full exhibition of his local photos. I have a number of his books and seen a few exhibitions but they only ever have one or two of his Finsbury Park photos. He must have hundreds! I wonder if he could be persuaded to contribute to a local exhibition tied in with the SPD / regen plans. Park Theatre as a venue perhaps?!</div>