Italian Deli opening?

Somebody told me today a new Italian deli will be opening soon on SGR up near the Mind shop. Anyone know anything?

Comments

• First I've heard. Maybe in the transmission shop?
  • <P>Good. I hope it's like the old one that used to be where Forchetta is now.</P> <P> </P>
  • I hope it's a proper deli like Salvino's in Brecknock rd.
  • There used to be one there called "Aromi & Gusti" a long time ago...it was nice!
  • On a related note, we are soon to get this:<div><br></div><div><a href="http://www.osteriatufo.co.uk/">http://www.osteriatufo.co.uk/</a></div><div><br></div><div>Another Italian, but sounds like a promising one! Has always been a nice airy room to sit in, perhaps this incarnation will be a bit more successful.... </div>
  • So is this Ariana's/ Sun & Moon reborn?
  • Yep, thats right. If good, I think it has the potential to do well, given its proximity to the theatre.<div><br></div>
  • Well, I had a chat with the nice Italian chaps who are jazzing it up today. They said it's going to be sn Italian restaurant, not pizza mainly pasta 'and other dishes'. Opening in one week!
  • edited July 2013
    This is exciting. Pity the old lady opposite has gone . She lived for and loved Italian food and A local place might have helped. Good that they are holding back on the pizza front - we are quite well served for that round here . Good also Sainsbrys lost out on this slot. They are taking over every corner. Chang
  • Like the look of that new Italian restaurant. Hopefully it'll be along the lines of 500 in Archway.
  • Oh that would be wonderful
  • Or Little Sardegna on Blackstock Road - the model of a very good, non-pizza Italian.
  • Just looked that place up. It looks good. I had the seata in Sardinia last week - flipping amazing! <br>
  • It's lovely. Their pumpkin ravioli with nduja sauce is to die for!
  • Looks like a new Italian is coming to the old Rocket Pizza place opposite The Noble. Could this be the deli? The posters in the window seem to talk about 'quality imported ingredients', but still seems to be pizza-centric. The sister-restaurant to Fabrizio in Highgate apparently. Another pizza place would be ridiculous, but a deli would be pretty nice.
  • I like a good non-pizza Italian, paradoxically because I love pizza so much. <br><br>If the restaurant doesn't even serve pizza, it means I don't automatically get swayed into ordering one and can eat something else.<br><br>Nduja is a food of the gods.<br><br>If anyone likes spicy stuff and has never had it, seek it out. It's a spicy, sausage so rich and gooey that you can spread it from Calabria, which is the region way down south in Italy.<br>
  • <div><br></div><div>Nduja is the latest craze...it's everywhere!, from Borough Market, to Strada, to Waitrose...</div><div><br></div>
  • edited December 2017
  • @gardener-joe<;br><br>Pretty much, it's a Calabrian delicacy, which is an area of Italy that if anyone is looking for a good value holiday with beautiful beaches and rarely a British person in sight, I would strongly recommend.<br><br>Check out Tropea and the coast round there, if you are interested.<br>
  • edited July 2013
    <br><div>@ gardener-joe</div><div><br></div><div>It's actually not gelatinous ... spicy yes, and kind of "creamy".</div><div><br></div><div>@Papa L</div><div><br></div><div>Agree on Tropea and surronding areas but the Ionian side (other side of the coast) is also very nice.</div><div>Off there a week tomorrow :)</div><div><br></div>
  • Yes the Italian deli is opening where the pharmacy is on same side of street near Mind I think. It is going to be by the same people who run the Organics shop next door (ish) to Mind. I had a chat with the guy in there. He said there had been damp problems with the building so it has been delayed but watch that space ...
  • edited December 2017
  • I'm not 100 per cent sure is the Pharmacy, he said two shops along, so could be another shop 
  • Could be the former DIY shop?<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There's an empty shop between Ivory and Gelb estate agents and Santa's pharmacy. I think it's last incarnation was a pound shop.
  • There's not been a pound shop on SGR yet has there? I love a pound shop, full of treasures.
  • I think of the place beside the post office as a pound shop. And there was a short-lived one earlier this year beside Snow White dry cleaners. The one beside Ivory was also what I'd call a pound shop, though with an emphasis on DIY bits.
  • 'Post Office' is the loosest possible term for the pile of hats spilling all over the street<div><br></div>
  • No. A pound shop is like the 99p Shop and Poundland on Seven Sisters Rd. They are full of glorious stuff but people are snooty about going in so I get all the best treasures. The 99p shop in Muswell Hill is the best ever!