Fireworks: yay or nay?

2»

Comments

• I'm going bowling on Sunday and I quite like karaoke. Hate all the rest of you list, though.<br>
  • Detritus is currently trawling eBay adding items to aforementioned Christmas list.
  • For someone who doesn't like Christmas he seems remarkably industrious ...<br>
  • Hmmm I want a sleeping bag with arms and pilots goggles. And maybe some jam.
  • A sleeping bag with arms? You mean a giant onesie? There's an image that'll linger, unfortunately!
  • edited November 2013
    You can mock vetski but as it happens I am relaxing in my onsie as I type, I do have photos and will use them if necessary. <div><br></div><div>http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007JGBUPC it will come in handy if I ever become a sniper. </div>
  • edited November 2013
    The whole Guy Fawkes display thing is a bit boring from my perspective. As a kid it's great but thirty odd times after it's a bit lifeless.  I used to be dragged up to Ally Pally by a girlfriend who got over excited by them. You'd have to walk, or get a bus up there early.  Deal with a load of horrible people milling about. Then trudge down the hill to Stroud Green.  I have gone up Ferme park road to watch them a few times since and that's not bad.  But paying for them. No. <div><br></div><div>New Year is over rated too.  But I do like Christmas.</div>
  • New Year is to make resolutions one is never sticking to. I normally spend it on the couch, enjoying a good book or film, unimpressed by all the fuss. Sometimes, I'll have a friend over for dinner, which is nice, too. Relaxed.<br><br>I also think that birthdays are overrated. It's nice when you're a teen, waiting to finally become an adult, being able to do what you want to (and allowed by law), but the older you get, the less there's anything to celebrate. Unless you love getting closer to death's door and saggier, that is.<br>
  • Birthdays? What are birthdays? *annual amnesia*<div><br></div>
  • Exactly. That said, I'm going to a friend's birthday tonight. <br><br>And my friend always comes over from Germany around mine. It's a fixed date for her to come to London and we just have a great time, doing a lot of stuff like museum (dragged her to the Science Museum this year, which I absoluely love), theatre, zoo, whatever takes our fancy. Luckily it's mid-May, so normally a great time to be outside.<br>
  • @Detritus Yup, long suffering Leeds fan here. I've dropped hints with my lady about maybe getting a onesie or an all in sleeping bag for Xmas. I reckon it'll revolutionise afternoon naps. And fireworks? Yeah, Dilly has been in bits all week. They terrify her. They're great to look at. I reckon silent fireworks are the way forward. You still get a whizz and a pop but they're much quieter. Accompanied by music, you don't miss the noise and still get the wonder.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'd be happy with silent fireworks it's the magical of the lights and colours that Ilove.