Noble finds its feet again

Comments

• @ali - my home town and a nice beer
  • edited November 2013
    Something dark and warming but not too dark, would be my vote. A heavier shade of amber, perhaps.<br><br>I like the Noble always have. It's a great little pub for actually managing to talk to the people you're meeting.<br>
  • Andy I used to comute to Swindon every day from SG and have fond  memories of trying to make it home after a few to many 3Bs after  work in the Beehive, seems  fairly rare to find it in London
  • [tedious Swindon facts] I imagine Arkells sells all it makes, because it has such a large local estate. It's a proper old-school local brewery, still run by the Arkells family [/tedious Swindon facts]<div><br></div><div>I used to drink in the Beehive, too, many many years ago because it was behind my college. The old landlord Noel got a lot of publicity for being the first pub to have an official Philosopher-in-Residence. </div>
  • Amazing grub this weekend with guys from the London vet conference at the Nobel. Worth checking out Chang
  • Mr T kept suggesting the Nobel for dinner, but i thought it was going to be to busy, might have been reading old reviews. Will give it a try!
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2014
    It's possible . Don't fight it. Crazy area Lorne Road. Chang
  • Keep meaning to go back in here - hope those new ales are now on. It must be the only pub for many miles around that isn't dominated by football all weekend.<div><br></div><div>I spent a Sunday afternoon in the Stapleton the other week and it was ridiculous. The ales just kept going off, one by one, until there was literally one to choose from (the minging lemongrass one) out of the five or six pumps. It was like a Fawlty Towers sketch - you'd ask for one and then it would instantly run out. </div><div><br></div><div>Then my missus arrived and asked for half a Guinness - and that was off too. The barstaff just shrugged and smirked. No sign of anyone in charge. We left at that point. </div>
  • Agree Stapleton has gone down (was good in Larrik days) and the footy at Dairy is SO dominating if you want to gaze into the eyes of a girl or look murderously at a cat.
  • edited January 2014
    <div><font size="2">I still remember  when the Stapleton  was a biker pub with  posters of strip nights on the windows, never been in.  </font></div><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><font size="2">On the Nobles FB page they started a new menu at beginning of year. <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Smoked Haddock w/Bubble and Squeak ,  If its yummy home made bubble and squeak with plenty of squeak, that will be worth trying!</span></font>
  • edited January 2014
    Toddlesocks, have you gone into a timewarp. In the 90s it was rough.  I heard one story of the manager doing a a raid on a friends flat because he thought he'd done him wrong.  Mistaken identity.  I never went in then as you just knew the pubs that were dangerous. Now some ponces on here are afraid to go into the Twelve Pins.  
  • edited January 2014
    They used to have problems keeping the prostitutes from using the toilets to clean themselves after their punters and then venturing back to Queens Drive.  Luckily those days seem to have gone and despite what lovies like Rupert Everett proclaim, however well-meaning, I don't think prostitution is a good thing.<div><br></div><div>Don't go in much now.  Back ten years ago loved it.  Never had hassle, lovely friendly crowd.</div>
  • @ kreuzkav - I am trying to come out of a timewarp, <div><br></div><div> Admittedly have never been much of a drinker , the only thing that used to get me into pubs  was to see a band, have hardly set foot inside any since. Trying to change that now working from home and need an airing now and then!.</div><div><br></div><div>Shame so many are sports bars, even bad live music  has got to be better than that! I don't mind dodging the odd flying bottle and chair if there is some entertainment!</div>
  • Few prossies round anymore, even at the park Theatre bar which they say was lively in the summer. That is one if the advances if the Internet. There used to be a faded rent boy (by boy I mean 37) in the Sugar Lounge. Thankfully it's a bit more civilised round here, even Lorne Rd. Change.
  • Is it true Chang you work at the Park Theatre?
  • Yes, it's all Changed Chang.
  • @ Toddlesocks.  The days of flying bottles have gone in stroud Green.  I think.  It's all a bit sedate.<div><br></div><div>@ chang.  Calling women prossies ain't right but the nerd you are gets off on that.  Maybe one day you will have sex with a real woman.</div>
  • Oh yeh real wimmun. like u get any. What is real round here anyways? You ain't pal. C'mon see us in Orris Place sometime ( notbfridays) £);) Chang
  • edited January 2014
    chang,so  women are to be fished?.  They're not a commodity.  You have Joyce, why do you speak of them like products.  Do you really have jOyce?
  • I suspect Chang has a very close relationship with Toddlesocks. Just saying.
  • edited January 2014
    We might have got hit over the head with the same chair in the Robey once . I remember landing on someone who looked like they had a cat hanging from their waist.
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks Krappy.  .............<div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • edited January 2014
    Kreuzkav, 'women are to be fished'? What does that mean, is it hipsterspeak? I'm pretty sure Toddlesocks is real as we follow each other on twitter, she is an artist and makes interesting stuff!