Fair play to Tesco.

2»

Comments

• @ ADGS I should have edited my message about the one person at work who wore the poppy, which I have now.  I meant only one person has but as you correctly pointed out in some workplaces and on the media it's often the case where everyone feels obliged.  It seems to me often done just to fit in rather than an individual choice.  My co-worker exercised his individual choice and no-one commented on it.
  • I read an edited extract of Human Smoke (magazine-filling promotion), which was plenty to confirm my suspicion that it was the disgusting nadir of the liberal tendency to think that keeping one's own hands clean is the paramount moral good, and worth letting the entire world fall to murder and barbarity. Thank heavens not everyone is so counterproductively fastidious.<div>(I did read one of his novels, and rather wish I hadn't. He's quite good on stationery, but his sex scenes are almost as painful as his philosophy of conflict)</div><div><br></div><div>Re: freedom of choice in war: there was a recent study suggesting that an astonishingly large proportion of soldiers had never actually aimed at the enemy - consciously or not, they were shooting to miss. So there's always at least that much liberty.</div>
  • Tescos had Popies on sale on Saturday 8th Nov so they  dealt with the original compliant  at the top pretty quickly<br>
  • The Field of Remberance at Westminster Abbey is quite moving.<br><br>The crosses   for the lost   in Afganstan have photos on them Brings it home all these young people being killed<br>
  • I wear a poppy to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in conflict, including my own family. I neither celebrate nor glorify war and wearing a poppy has nothing to do with being anti-anyone.<br><br>I do not dismiss those who decide to not wear a poppy and i hope that they do not judge me for wearing one. I attended a memorial service last Sunday and, as always, it was very moving. I hope that as a nation, some of us will continue to remember those that were killed in conflict.<br><br>