Oxford House Watch

2»

Comments

• I think they ll keep the white facade on oxford road. It can be seen in one of the pictures. The rest of the building has been emptied / demolished from what i have seen by walking past it. It looks very modern but a bit out of place in the area. I wonder when it will be completed as they wrote late 2018. I have also noticed that studios go for 330k. Oh well let s wait and see what they do!
  • The Council not only insisted that the developer retained the facade, but that they restored the damage they'd already done to it. The picture Is from an old proposal I think.
  • Interesting! i wonder what it will look like then!
  • I have heard the developer has a planning change on it way through the system
  • This is fascinating. I see the advertised apartment has been removed from sale. My house looks out onto this site and I can tell you it is in a terrible state. Hard to see how the developer could sell off plan. There has been very little work taking place for a period of months and I actually can't remember the last time I saw anyone on site.

As the original planning application was granted on condition that the building was inhabited by May 2016 I'm wondering what is happening? The 2017 planning application is now listed as "Not Proceeded With". It was also designated as a car free development, but the ad with the estate agent has underground parking.

Has the developer run out of cash and is trying to jump start things by selling off plan? Or have they decided to submit an entirely new planning application?
  • You are absolutely right @RCJB . I walk past the "development" several times a week and I have noticed that there is no movement of machinery whatsoever.

Quite a lot of rubber just left everywhere and no progress at all. Definitely not something that will be ready any time soon.

Let's see what happens