SGR road closed under railway bridges

13»

Comments

• Haringey is so awful and will never change for as long as you all vote Labour. Parking restriction in Islington is harshly enforced and somewhat draconian, but I have a lovely traffic warden in my road. I saw her colleague being attacked by some knobhead a couple of years ago and went to court as a witness in the case. No parking fines for my visitors if my visitors permit overruns.
  • @marko did you tweet or email that to Haringey?
  • edited March 2016
    Islington Labour - good; Haringey Labour - bad? Is that what you are saying, Miss Annie? I wonder if you're right about the latter. At least they haven't cut their library service, unlike other boroughs,and Hornsey Library is one of the best in North London.<div> </div>
  • <p>Speaking on a personal and local level, Islington seems to be well run. </p><p>I use Islington North and Central libraries which are both good. I'm glad that Haringey's libraries are fine, but everyone that live in Haringey seems to moan endlessly about social services, parking, the way Hornsey town hall has been dealt with, rubbish collection etc. I'm pleased I don't live there.</p>
  • Haringey  are very good at fixing pot holes and picking up dumped rubbish as long as you report it.<div><br></div><div>I reported some quite dangerous for cyclist pot holes to Islington and nothing has happened.<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • There are things about Islington that are good, the rubbish collection, recycling and tip, childrens stuff, parks stuff, community stuff etc is pretty good.<div><br></div><div>On the other hand, I think Islington's self-directed war against motorists is undemocratic, self-defeating and moronic. </div><div><br></div><div>Islington's roads and pavements are falling apart, they hardly ever fix potholes and when they do they do so badly, and the pavements in Stroud Green are a disgrace (notice the difference between here and posh Upper St Islington). </div><div><br></div><div>The council under both Lib Dem and Labour control has wasted vast sums on self-serving schemes to put in place speed bumps, width restrictions, parking restrictions and road closures that only serve to make congestion and dangerous traffic worse for residents. </div><div><br></div><div>Tollington Park is now much worse than it was, for example. Roads tend to fall apart where the speed bumps are and drivers spend more time watching out for the next bit of the on-road off-roading course than keeping an eye out for cyclists and pedestrians.</div><div><br></div><div>Thankfully Islington backed down on the last daft scheme to do with parking.</div><div><br></div><div>That was one which when the Labour leader arrived on my doorstep door-knocking, he justified the plans by saying we needed extra parking restrictions to deal with Arsenal and events that are already in place anyway.</div><div><br></div><div>Sorry, rant over.</div>
  • edited March 2016
    Islington has the lowest levels of car ownership in the country -20% and I'm amazed it's not lower. Caveat disabilities why on earth does anyone want a car here? It's daft. I'd love to see lots more parking turned into proper cycle lanes. Re: posh parts of the borough being smarter, it's because posh people complain more.
  • @checkski: The realistic pros of a change of control focuses the mind of local councillors.  There is none whatsoever in Haringey.<div><br></div><div>Yes, I tweeted it.  However, I think I need to follow up with an email The taxis are routinely flouting the paring restriction, often sitting there with engines running - as I found out earlier when I nearly got pinned between one of them and a bus whilst cycling. </div>