Old Dairy Closure

2»

Comments

• Given the numbers of home renovations and new cars in the area, I think we're pretty safe from flopping back into the 80's?
  • I was partaking of the Joyce Juice. Intelligent critical theory mixed with open-minded humour and discourse. I hope you gained something from my interjection. All I want is to spread love. And Stroud Green needs love. I think 2000 was a date when the time curve shifted from it getting a good places for all races and classes and going downhill into it being a good place more for middle class white young folk. Discuss..
  • edited April 2021
    @kreuzkav You'll be reminiscing about Cheekos at this rate.

Actually what am I even saying, those were great days, when going out was about having a laugh and shortly before pubs started adding sofas and ponsy food, even the Red Cap used to be open until 3 in the morning.
  • Cheekos? I'm barely 50. Tell me more; Where was this pub bar?
  • Well I'm not 50 and I used to go in there, not sure if you're joking or not but it was above the Archway Tavern.
  • edited April 2021
    That's all folks. Back to sober life
  • Seems like the Dairy has squatters. All the doors have County Court evicition notices on them and there is a strange Police previous closure order cancellation notice saying the place can open as there is not any violence on the premise. All served on behalf of Green King !
  • @kreuzkav had you sobered up by 6.47am?
  • edited April 2021
    Yes foxie. I don't drink much now. Though I didn't arise at 6 am and do my 30 minute insight meditation. Like the odd binge. I was reading a bit of Burroughs. Well 'Burroughs and the Magical Universe'. Those cut ups send me on to Joyce juice. Better than junk, me thinks. I think I kept decorum. I hope? I was going on about the Kaballah (sic, can't be bothered to spell check) after the Bowie Station to Station post. I like all that Jewish mysticism mixed with Joyce, Bowie and a few cut-ups. Life is less linear. From Station to Station but not in the direct way. Better stop, change trains.
  • The only Burroughs I have ever read is The Naked Lunch and it is safe to say I was not impressed, you should read Pour Me by AA Gill, that's a great book.

Your decorum was fine but I now think of you as dressed in a Riddler outfit.
  • Kreuzkav I believe I have seen you often in SGR, but I now have a new respect for you
  • Had my first visit to Stroud Green in three years and felt a bit sad seeing the Old Dairy boarded up. Lots of empty shops too.
  • Lots (lots!) of security personnel guarding the doors (and pavement) there this morning. Seems v OTT - anyone know what’s going on?
  • Think it’s the bailiffs
  • They had all the eviction signs up yesterday, getting squatters out.
  • ahh, i wondered what that was about, they've been outside my flat all day..
  • Yes, I passed by earlier and the signs attached were court orders for eviction. The men were from a security service, to evict, clear out and then secure the premises.
  • Ah, that explains the metal mesh which has appeared over the doors and windows.
  • Yeah, they are not mucking about.
  • Has anyone heard anything further on the Old Dairy?
  • Maybe the pub will be reopened. A planning notice is attached next to the pub. It mentions new lighting and menu boards. Can anyone confirm this ?