B&B/Hotel in Stroud Green?

edited June 2008 in Local discussion
My parents are coming to stay in July and I haven't got room in my flat to put them up. Does anyone know if there are any nice B&Bs or hotels in Stroud Green (or Crouch End)? I know there are some along Seven Sisters Road but I've heard they aren't very nice (or perhaps they've improved?)

Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Comments

• edited 3:42AM
    There's one on Crouch Hill, towards the top - looks nice enough from the outside and has its prices clearly displayed. I think it's a B&B.
    There's a B&B halfway up Crouch Hill. I'm sorry, but I don't know any more about it. I just remember passing it on a recent walk.
    Oops. Sorry, Colette. Must've posted this at the same time as you.
    great minds and all that...
    Also a B&B up here on Mount View (although I've never worked out where) - can't do the linky thing but try googling "Mount View Guest House" and it comes up.

As for Seven Sisters, was playing football with some friends in Finsbury Park when I first arrived in London 10 years ago and the ball went off towards the road for a throw-in. It was only then I noticed a body bag being removed from one of the aforementioned establishments.

That's a no then.
    I think the one on Crouch Hill is fairly good - it called Aber Hotel, I ive not actually stayed there. Theres a hotel at the Business Design Centre in Islington if desperate.
    One on Ossian Road below the covered reservoir: www.ossianguesthouse.co.uk , know the family who run it and I've peaked at the rooms, which look nice, but don't know anyone who has stayed there.
    tosscat runs a b&b, don't you tosscat?

It's very good - guest soaps, bathrobes, slippers, chocolates on your pillow and homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast. Just don't ask for milk for your tea or coffee.
    Wow! Ossian Guest House has epic music on its website. I'm voting for them now.
  • edited June 2008
    The Ossian website is genius.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far and please let me know of any others.
    Har har - it rocks! tosscat take note.

The in-laws are booked in there for a couple of nights next week - I'll get them to post a review.
    That would be great - thanks Katie.
  • edited June 2008
    we had some family stay up at the aber hotel late last year. the rooms were basic but fine and the staff were friendly. it's pretty cheap so overall i would recommend it if you're just looking for a cheap bed for the night.

i wasn't aware of the ossian but had a look on their website and it looks like claridges in comparison! would be interested to know if it's as good as it looks.